Sign in to follow this  
tryteyker

Attaching camera to object and letting it film during session?

Hey,

title pretty much sums this up, I need to make a video and I'd like the camera to be at a certain spot and start filming whlst I fly. Is this possible, and if so, how?

while {true} do {

_camera camSetTarget helo1; 
 _camera camSetRelPos [15,0,5];
 _camera camSetFOV 0.600;
 _camera camCommit 0; 

waituntil {camCommitted _camera};

if (time > 10) exitWith {};  

};

Check these out too:

Grizzle Director

GCam REC Gigan also has the GCam 2.0

---------- Post added at 01:05 ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 ----------

If you don't want it to stay attached, then just remove the loop & the time statement.

I don't exactly want it to look onto the helo (which it does, atleast what I think it does by looking at your script), but I want it to look down the backside of a Chinook.

Basically it should be attached to the backside of the helo and film the ramp. I haven't tested your script so I might just have to adjust RelPos but I'm not sure.

I don't think I'm grasping the basic concept here. How does the camera work, will I be able to fly the chopper accordingly whilst it is filming?

The camera doesn't record. It lets you pick "points" where the camera sets. You can ofcourse pan the camera with commands. As well as switching to a different perspective. You maybe could combine unitPlay & camera, if you're just trying to do a super smooth cutscene or w/e.

The script I gave, just attaches the camera to a helo and follows the helo until the loop exits.