Sign in to follow this  
Sandy106

Making an out of bounds area for the AI?

I know this is a stupid question but a forum search and google turned up nothing. Is it possible to script this with an "OPFOR present" trigger? I'm trying to keep the enemy soldiers inside this town for a search and destroy mission.

jblMozGQGOEjNe.png

Use UPSMON for that. All you need to do is place a rectangular marker and add something to the init field of each squad leader and they'll patrol within the marker radius. That's what I guess you want to do.

you can simply set 2 waypoints for OPFOR with a big radius (lets say each 20-30 meters), defending mode and a loop between them. So they should have a random route and stay in the city.

You could try using hold & guard wps. I would personally use UPSMON and "noMove" parameter (or w/e the parameter is I forget). Default waypoint configurations are really shitty at keeping AI static. Even hold or guard, and no matter how you have their ROE, they always seem to go astray.

I think the "nofollow" param in upsmon script is the one that will keep them inside. If you were in the area the opfor would chase to the edge of the marker, and once you leave the area, if they still see you, they will still engage. If you get out of sight they will stay on high alert for a while then just return to patrolling.