Sign in to follow this  
efcpatty

Missing CA Files

I recently bought arma 2 and operation arrowhead, straight after the download, I also downloaded the DayZCommander. My friends and I then went on a normal arma 2 operation arrowhead server, my friends got on easily, while me (and one other friend) got the same error: You cannot paly/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.caweapons_ammoboxes, warfare2vehicles". My friend and I have been trying to fix it now for 3 hours, yet there is no result. If there are any people who know the problem and how to fix it, we would both be very grateful.

Also, note that all of my friends and I have exactly the same DLC's: Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead and DayZCommander.

I also forgot to mention that that is not the only missing file, I have tried multiple servers, and they might say I am missing something else.

Edited by efcpatty

Hi and welcome to the forum.

If you bought it on Steam, there should be the possibility to check the gamefiles for corrupt data and would reload them.

Thanks for the replies, I have tried validating, and it says there is one file missing, so I update it, but it doesnt fix the issue, it just says it again next time. Also, there have been a couple of suggestions about running it as combined operations, but how do you do that? I'm unsure of the technique. Also, a new problem that has occurred with the original Arma 2 game, is that I cant even get onto the main menu, as it says I have a bad serial code, also, this is a copy bought from steam.

Edited by efcpatty

Ah wonderful steam, did you try that link that i suggested? It will explain in full how to get it working as combined ops.

Yes I did, though my files seem to be set-up differently as the others. I can't find the files.

Well to be honest i hate steam, and dont know much about it, but not to worry someone will help you with it im sure.

Are you using Steam with Administrator privileges? If not, it has not the Permission to do anything in the C:\Program Files(x86)\ perhaps, and can't copy the missing file.

About the rest I have no clue about, but regarding serial key http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135736-Bad-serial-number-given-in-setup-use-this-thread-for-help perhaps something can be found in there.