Sign in to follow this  
Hailey92

Picking different character

So I've been playing a bit, and was defaulted the guy, but only on some servers am I able to pick a girl. I've died and then tried to respawn but it's like it's a default or something. I've also tried deleting my profile and creating a new one and it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Hi and welcome to the forum!

The character you are is defined by the campaign/mission/mission-creator and/or the slot you choose in the roles section.

in Singleplayer, some missions allow to select a different unit by pressing the T key. This way you can play a mission as a Teamleader, sniper, pilot, battletank or what ever the mission creator thought to be fun.

In Multiplayer, very rarely but possible, the same way like in single player is possible. By the way, when you join the server, you come in the lobby with the different player slots. Different playerslots can mean different units.

Some multiplayer missions allow you to change the unit ingame, meaning, in the 3D world. Long time ago, I tried to realize this, but changing the unit ingame almost always had sideeffects (regarding locality and so on). Nowadays, I saw that CBA brought a function doing a lot of stuff to make it easier changing the unit, but I did not test it, and I don't know, if there are still sideeffects (I invest my time long time before dayz, at that time, BIS was not investing this much time in such a function, but since it is possible to switch in DayZ I guess, they did some work to make it work better in multiplayer).

Your Profile can only set Face, Voice +pitch, goggles and nickname, although this does not mean, that you will have that face 100% ingame, as the missioncreator my set specific settings.

Principally, girl-units exist, but I don't know if all girls can handle weapons.