Sign in to follow this  
IndieWalrus

Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA freezing every 5 secondes.

Hey there, i bought arma 2 CO on steam, i installed the game's and updated to the newest stable patches.(problem was before and after.)

the problem is, in the games not matter where, in the menu or in gameplay, the game is freezing every time for 5 or 6 second's, after the game is runing really good as it need to be, but it's happend every 3 seconds.

freeze, back, freeze, back.

tried to check if it's my computer but it's not, tried to reinstall not helped.

If someone knows how to fix it i"ll be much grateful.

Thanks, IndieWalrus.

are you runnin any addons? Try runnin steam as admin, disable any virus scanners or update your chipset and videodrivers?

also try to close any application not needed in the background.

Does your HDD sound noisy while the game is freezed?

Can you post your Systemcomponents?

Updated drivers already, i open steam reguarly as admin.

When the game freezes i can hear the background sounds of the game but not the actual working sounds, example: when i am in an helicopter and my game freezes i can hear everything exept the helicopter.

I had a similar issue some time ago, it was caused by bad nvidia drivers (bugged and faulty installation), if you have an nvidia card try to uninstall the drivers and clean all nvidia stuff with driver sweeper from safe mode, eventually check on nvidia forum if the latest drivers package is ok (sometimes they break stuff with newer versions)