Sign in to follow this  
tryteyker

Dealing with AI pathing

Hey,

I'm currently working on a convoy-like mission, where I'm the lead vehicle and the AI follows me.

And I've already got a (pretty simple) problem, and that is that the AI is acting incredibly stupid. I realize that's Arma2's AI and all that but I'd love if the AI stays in a column instead of always trying to form a wedge.

They eventually catch up in an actual column once I move but I don't really want to wait 5 minutes until the AI drove out of the wall they crashed into and then line up perfectly.

Any ideas how I could go about this? Thanks in advance.

place your first waypoint in front of your vehicle. Set it to column. if the Ai are "in formation" when the mission starts, then they will be in a column at start.

---------- Post added at 06:55 ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 ----------

even if you don't have any waypoints for the mission, atleast place one in front of the players vehicle

I think you kind of misunderstood my issue (and I probably haven't been clear enough :S), my issue here is basically that the AI always tries to move left and right of me regardless of whether I use "In Formation" or "None" as property of every vehicle at start. This causes the vehicles behind me to crash into walls and stuff, so it takes ages for them to catch up.

Also, I'm driving a Humvee. So, the gunner is the commander, for whatever reason, so I'm only the driver. I can't give orders.

i just went and did it in the editor flawlessly. The AI started in a column (via first waypoint set to column compact) and stayed in a column until we reached our destination.

---------- Post added at 07:50 ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 ----------

basically, if the first waypoint is set to column compact, the ai will never attempt to go into a wedge at the start

Edited by Iceman77