Sign in to follow this  
Klamfisk

Can't join some servers using ACE and ACRE "Connection failed"

Hi

I have tried to join a server using ACE and ACRE but this should not be the problem, as i can join other servers also using these mods.

When i join the server it says following: "Connection failed"

Then i did as on this:

community[dot]bistudio[dot]com/wiki/ArmA:_Troubleshooting#Can.27t_connect_on_servers (without [dot])

(deleted the devices shown)

And this:

forums[dot]bistudio[dot]com/archive/index.php/t-102136.html (without [dot])

(i tried typing in this in cmd: netsh winsock reset. and opened ports on my router, restarted router, pc and so on)

I am using the steam version of arma 2 co and using sixupdater to launch the game.

I'd apreciate help, thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forums.

One question first: Is the server using ACE and ACRE too?

lets say, they only allow signed Addons and they did not put in the keys for ACE and ACRE (as they won't like that people use it on that server), then you can not join the server.

In this case you'd have to disable ACE and ACRE to play on their server (and perhaps need to install other mods)

As a admin of that server I inform ACE and ACRE are used on the server, keys are not present as any protection is off: server is set up only for private games and known join it.

Mmmh, okay.

Do you have the same versions of all the cba*, ACE*, ACRE and JayArma2Lib?

Is Klamfisk the only one who can not join? if so - can somebody join first, and see, if there comes any reason "message"?

Another Idea would be, looking into your .rpt file. Should be located in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\ (in Win7). Perhaps we can find some reasons there.

Another question, as you know eachother:

Are you brothers or so? Or located in the same house behind the same external IP?

Is the Server in your internal environment?

Atleast here in Italy no ISP allows loopback - that would might be the reason for you in that case. But in this case you should be able to simply use the internal IP.

Is Klamfisk the only one who can not join? if so - can somebody join first, and see, if there comes any reason "message"?

Yes. Such issue happened previously, months ago to very few other lads. He is first case since at least September.

Are you brothers or so? Or located in the same house behind the same external IP?

Negative, different countries. I guess there is no chance our IP can be even bit similar. Yes, dedicated server is hosted by me, stands on external IP.

Also, different ACE version should manifest different way, frankly saying eg. by error message during mission itself.

The last two lines of my .rpt file:

114.725 ACRE: Pipe opened.

115.234 ACRE: ACRE HAS EXPERIENCED A PIPE ERROR AND PIPE IS NOW CLOSING!

I think thats the case, if so, how do i fix it?

Maybe you would get better response if you asked your question there where the ACRE developers sit...in the ACRE thread.