Sign in to follow this  
opendome

Help unpacking PBO

Hello!

I am trying to edit the Esbekistan MSO 4.5 mission file but I cannot seem to unpack it. Ive tried three different pbo tools but they all give me a similar error (eliteness for instance gives me a "cannot write" in the middle of the extraction process, PBOviewer doesn't recognize it as a Arma2 file...etc). Its weird because this is the only mission file that seems to do this :(. I want to add the Advanced Interaction Module, FFAA Terrorists/vehicles, and possibly change on the of BLUFOR squads to Special Forces skins. Any help is greatly appreciated. I love MSO and I love this map but Im extremely frustrated with this.

Thanks!

Edited by Opendome

Hi Opendome,

There are other tools you can try--> https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

or

CPBO

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=411

I use CPBO, and I cna extract, and create pbo's

If you want I could extract the mission for you, and then give you a link to download the extracted folder if you want, would that help?

Thanks for your help! I tried using CPBO but it just flashes an empty dos screen then CTDs. If you wouldnt mind extracting it that would be amazing! Thanks so much!

Here you go:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42601124/MSO%20Mission%20Unpacked.zip

I had extracted it, then put it into a zip file, just extract the zip and the mission file is in a folder as it should be.

Your welcome, if you need any help with the game or whatever related then give me a shout, Im on here everyday. :)

Thanks so much!!! I really appreciate it!!! Now the pain goes on, when I open it in the arma editor, the map appears to be empty. Just to check I added the AIM module, tried to start the mission and it was a blank mission. What did I do wrong now? lol. I extracted it to my MPMissions folder, I can see it in there (highlighted blue) but when I try and run the mission without doing anything to it yet, it wont start or do anything. When I open the mission in the editor the map is empty

Edited by Opendome

You really need to learn some basics...

I extracted it to my MPMissions folder

Wrong folder

move extracted missions to: your documents/arma2/missions

But...

maybe i misunderstood you

Edited by HERR VADER

Oh yea its in there (I tried putting a copy in both missions and mp missions under my docuements/arma 2 other profiles/profile name, I can see it in the editor and in the mission file list under Eskebistan, I can open it but it displays nothing in the editor (literally just the empty map). If I go to preview without editing anything it appears to run like the other one, but as soon as I change anything and push preview the file size goes down to 4kb and becomes unplayable

---------- Post added at 00:25 ---------- Previous post was at 00:24 ----------

Opendome I have a tutorial I put together a year ago that explains where to place mission files--> http://warmod.webs.com/importmissiontoeditor.htm

I really cant thank you enough, Im going to head to bed now but Ill def give it a try first thing tomorrow!

Thanks both of you!!!! When I open yours Herr it displays things, but as soon as I edit anything all of the player slots turn to playable AI slots and the town zones dont seem to be appearing.

Basically what I want to do is add the AIM script and change some skins to Ranger skins (and add FFAA terrorists/vehicles if I can)

Edited by Opendome

Its weird, when I did it with Clafghan it wasnt nearly this hard

---------- Post added at 16:51 ---------- Previous post was at 16:49 ----------

It seems to also be happening when I save it, I just save it with a 2 at the end so I can differentiate between the original and the one with AIM