Sign in to follow this  
KeyCat

What ports to open (again)?

Well OFP:R finally arrived here in Sweden. Overall it has many nice improvements and the V-80 is cool! But my final verdict have to wait until I checked out the new socket netcode etc.

Anyway, yesterday I tried to put up a socket test server and opened up port 2302 and 2303 UDP (as stated in the MPTest thread by Suma) in my NAT/Firewall but no go (i.e no game showed up for the other player)?

Does anyone know what ports the final OFP:R 1.75 really uses? Can't understand why BIS/CM don't include such important info in the README.TXT? Would make it so much easier for their support department, and us wink.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

2302/3 should do it, though I never got a straight answer yet whether both 2303 TCP and UDP need to be open.

I tried to start a ded server behind my linux router and only

forwarded port 2302/2303 tcp/udp (don't know if both

needed) to my internal machine and the server works fine

and shows up in the gamespy list.

Ciao,

Fox

Roger! Will try again tonight and forward both UDP and TCP and see if that makes it.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

For socket you need to forward only the UDP - port 2302 and 2303.

[EoJ]Gismo

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (gismo @ July 04 2002,18:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For socket you need to forward only the UDP - port 2302 and 2303.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, thats just what I did yesterday but it didn't work?confused.gif Will try again and see if it's anything with my SW/HW.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

I am not sure the developers has sorted out the ports and netcode completely. When I open a server from the GUI my friend has problem connecting. But after a few tries my server is showing on his listing and we can play. I do not open 2303 since it should not be needed when you do'nt want to advertise your server via the game spy network. The ports 2302 and 2303 should be the only ones you should open. smile.gif So let the ones connection to you try and try again and maybe it will work.

Did some more testing and there seems to be something fishy about the ports needed to be open in the new sockets netcode....

By opening up a broad range of ports (UDP 2302-2402) when hosting on my machine the game showed up on my freinds computer OK and almost instantly. I hosted on port 2302 (default) and my friend connected to the same.

The strange part is that the more ports I closed (tried with UDP 2302-2330 and 2302-2320) it took longer time for the game to show up in the list. Couldn't get it to work (within an acceptable timeframe) by only having UDP 2302-2303 open? Never tried DirectPlay in 1.75 but it works fine with only 2234 opened in 1.46 and earlier versions. Anyone?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)