Sign in to follow this  
etekiller

Mission and intro in one file - is that the correct way?

Sorry for a strange question, but I am totally unable to convert it to any keywords and put it through a search engine. Few I've tried actually gave me no adequate results. I'm also not a native English speaker, I am from Poland, so I find it hard to clarify myself in few situations.

My problem is simple. If I want to make an intro to a mission, should I create both the mission and the intro in the same file? I mean, there's a list in the top right corner where I can choose whether I want to create a mission or an intro. If I were to connect them to each other (single player, so there wouldn't be any additional problems with the intro) should I really create both in one editor session? I hope I am clear, I don't know how else to put it.

So far you've helped me alot here, your hints helped me to finish the intro, thank you so much for that. I know that this question is kinda basic compared to what I've already acomplished but I'm just lost, sorry.

If it is for a single player mission, you have to do both in the same file. If you are building a campaign, you don't have to, but then it would require more work to link them. So I would say put them together unless you need some extra flexibility.