Sign in to follow this  
kartopu3

Help my resistance crash

argggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

my resistance problem return to window error says

resistance.pbo and resistance campaign out of memory

You're going to have to supply more information about your system if you want a useful answer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kartopu3 @ July 02 2002,19:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">argggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

my resistance problem return to window error says  

resistance.pbo and resistance campaign out of memory<span id='postcolor'>

intel 650 mhz

256 ram

32 mb geforce2mx winfast leadtek

sound blaster 16

10 gb hddisk

52xmax cdrom lg

ok

smile.gif

Same problem. When I choose the campaign menu jumps out to Windows Desktop with this error message:

"cannot memory-map file 'campaign\resistance.pbo'"

But if I load first, a single player mission (I've tried one from Resistance) and exit and then go to the campaign menu, I've got no trouble and begin to play the campaign normally.

I've got a:

Intel PIII 866

Board Asus CuSL2c (Intel 815)

512MB

Live 1024

HD 40GB

Geforce 1 (Asus 6800)

Win98 SE

Try clearing out all the unofficial addons you might of added to ofp in the past.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (w4rren @ July 03 2002,13:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Try clearing out all the unofficial addons you might of added to ofp in the past.<span id='postcolor'>

And that's good advice to anyone. I casued a lockup in 'normal' ofp just when I added 2 addons. I deleted them and everything worked again.

You were right. I uninstalled the full game and installed all again; no more problems when I select the Campaign Menu and everything now is working well (as far as I can tell). Now I've just to install all  sad.gif  the other addons one by one and see what happens.

Thanks!

I tought about that, and before uninstalling I tried to remove some. Maybe I didn't remove enough.

Anyway...