Sign in to follow this  
helling3r

addAction on Fort_RazorWire is fussy

Hi again, i have problems with the addAction to a razor wire fence (class Fort_RazorWire).

I successfully perform an addAction to the wire object, but the problem is, that you have to point your mouse exactly at a specific place and thats very hard to find. Players wont find it funny to search that handle under the pressure of bullets flying.

The addAction works very fine with other objects, but the Fort_RazorWire makes problems.

How can i make the razor wire such that the action occurs reliably? Can i attachTo some invisible solid object to the center of the wire and add the action to this?

---------- Post added at 00:45 ---------- Previous post was at 00:37 ----------

EDIT: the ACE object MAP_Fort_Razorwire works better, however its still not very user friendly... :(

The action is added on one of the poles on the end and you have to dead center look at it. You may be able to attach a invisible wall.

Classes:

InvisibleFence
InvisibleFence2
InvisibleFence3

First one is rather large (similar to a large H-Barrier under the warfare section in the editor)

You could also do an H-Barrier then

barrier_1 attachTo [wire_1, [0,0,0]];
barrier_1 setObjectTexture [0,""];

Attach it to the wire, set the offset (its [0,0,0], its where it is attached to on the wire)

Then make it invisible with setObjectTexture, if the 0 part doesn't work try numbers 1-3 since I forgot the texture selection number

Edited by Droo_k6