Sign in to follow this  
shinkicker

What tools should we sign with now?

I need to sign some addons which function unsigned and I have generated a private key and would like to ask what tools are used commonly nowadays? It seems some are no longer applicable / work?

For example DSSignFile no longer works (at least for me), it does not output any signed file, nor does it show an exception / error code.

I use the syntax: DSSignFile privatekey myfile.pbo

There is binPBO, but this would require me to build the PBO which I already have. However, when doing so it also seems to mess the path up of the PBO and my addons start failing with a path of /x/addon/<addon_name>

Eliteness looked OK, and reported "Writing sha key", yet also did not appear to actually create any keys, likely because I presumed it was pointed to DSSignFile. The default exe was called DsSignature.exe, searches on Google and this forum have no record of this exe at all.

I have also constructed a P: drive and attempted to use that as signing repository, but still the same results.

Can anyone shed some light on how I can do this?

EDIT: Just found out there are new set of Security tools, was exicted, but then got a 'Error: Cannot get the hash of myfile.pbo' :(

extract the pbo and repack it with a pbo packing tool for OA, like binpbo or mikero's tools (makepbo/eliteness)

there are only the official sign tools available - make sure to get the v2 version of em