Sign in to follow this  
Suranis

Enemy Carrier Units appear on different Islands than the enemy Carrier is attacking

Ok I've confirmed that the enemy units are turning up on different islands than the enemy carrier is attacking, at least occasionally. Heres the save

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52562896/strategy_save_auto1_6.save

Fly into the center of the island and you will see the enemy carriers mantas circling.

Basically the enemy carrier only attacked one single island up to that, and its the one its presently causing to flash red. Needless to say, without units the attack isn't going very well I imagine.

I've reported this issue here http://www.carriercommand.com/feedback/view.php?id=706

I know you guys are focused on the Pathfinding issue, but this should have a pretty high priority too I imagine.

I will take a look at hat save later just to see it.

Do you btw have some tip or strategy for catching an island under attack? I've tried many many times but never succeeded.

Last light I had a save where the enemy soon attack a neighboring island to my location. I tried like 50 different ways of approaching the island but the enemy carrier was always leaving once I got there and no units left behind...

(Sidenote: Saw something strange at another time though when going to an island being attacked. Enemy was nowhere to be found but ONE TURRET on the island had turned to red enemy color. My island mantas quickly destroyed it. I only saw this happening in map view but I'm 100% sure it was a red turret icon and nothing else.)

I saw this recently too - catching an island under attack isn't difficult, just wait for the alert and charge in. It will run for the nearest friendly island so if you come in from that direction it'll come right at you. Typically though, the mantas and walruses are left behind early in the game, for me it was the 2nd island that it took, and they were just hanging around in the middle.

Just to add to this issue, if the enemy attacks Vulcan, your starting island, DO NOT go back there to try and recapture it, as your carrier will be reset to the state it was when you first got it.

As in, totally broken, can't launch any units etc.

Why oh why this is the case I have no idea.

It was incredibly annoying to find this out, but now I just find it comical.

That Vulcan thing didn't happen to me. I retook Vulcan without any problems. Enemy soon took it back though when I left the area razzen frazzen.

Well, I tried loading a previous save game but that didn't make any difference.

I tried to retake Arachnid too, but the game stripped weapons off my Walrus's and wouldn't reload their ammo when they were on the carrier.

Somebody, somewhere, is having a toffee crisp.