Sign in to follow this  
rotmvj

Concerning take-off, take-on, hover, slingload, FPM alignmant

hello guys,

i'v enjoyed FSX, FALCON AF, Lockon several years. its 1st time to play heli sim through TKOH.

i browsed TKOH forum several hours, and applied nightsta1ker's C.U no.3 FM (xml < ->.pbo), and hon0's damper data.

but it still stranging right rolling, yawing tendencies. it's more strong then i thought, it's wrong but i still input constantly left rudder and slight left roll. sure i noticed heli's torque system and anti torque system.

when i watched take-off, on of real heli from several video also piloting,

i think TKOH's anti torque rotor FM has somthing wrong.

here's real world helicopter video - youtu.be/KG3XH0gucAk

in case of me, i concluded

take-off - easy to fly up. just full pull up collective before swinging my bird :DD (it's not right way...)

take-on - little harder then takeoff. just push collective moment that horizoned my bird. (anyway it lead to rough take-on lol)

hover - impossible that stop-position-hovering above ground. it's okay staggeringly moving 5~10m

slingload - impossible too. couldnt align above crate by staggeringly hovering

FPM alignmant - do it!. constantly input rudder, cyclic against anti tendencies. but suffering hell change to directions or pitch up and down

Edited by rotmvj

What mode are your flying in? Expert, Trainee, etc, etc....

Have your tried the manual trim? Perhaps you should try flying on a lower difficulty setting, until you adjust to the Flight Model of TKOH. Then when you have a little bit of practice in, move to the Veteran or Expert settings.

Real life helicopter pilots undergo hours upon hours of flight training, even if they have 1000's of hours...

Remember this: From the moment that a helicopter comes of the assembly line, all it wants to do is kill you.

hah ~ it's okay to buy new model lol.

mod is orignal expert or hud on expert ( i have to know center of weight. cuz i feel no gravity anyway : D)

Edited by rotmvj

...i feel no gravity anyway : D)

That's it! Helicopters are a 'feel'. If you can't feel what they are doing, then it makes it even more of a challenge; especially if you are trying to hover!

Try setting your difficulty to Veteran or Trainee, until you get the hang of it. I know that you just want to jump in and be a master( we all do ), but in the Real World( in the USA, anyway ) you would have to go with an instructor and get some hours in a new type, before the FAA will just let you go out and fly...

Also look at the 'Manual Trim' buttons in the Control Options.

Hope that helps! ;-)

yup thx for advice to Manual Trim.

do you mean use Manual Trim when my heli over-waving ?(landing, take off, slingload, navigation etc..)

did you utilize that button ?

it would like to goood way ^^

Hello and Welcome.

I'm not sure if the nightsta1ker's C.U no.3 FM is compatible with the last TOH's version.

and hon0's damper data.

Hmm not a good idea for you as you're discovering the game. This will kill the autotrim setting and autohover.

"but it still stranging right rolling, yawing tendencies. it's more strong then i thought, it's wrong but i still input constantly left rudder and slight left roll."

I don't know how it should react in real life. But in TOH it's normal. I mean, I've the thing here. I learned a few about chopper after enjoying TOH that much and I concluded it should be the same in real life.

When getting into a chopper it's not automaticaly trimmed. You have to do it yourself.

Take a look at this little mod. May be it can help you.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129362-Blake-s-Trim-Indicator

Personaly. I never trim my chopper. It take to much time and I loose precision. :o

I loose precision cause in neutral position (where your stick should be if the heli is correctly trimmed) most of the nowaday joystick have this 'clunk' right in the middle where the force changes abruptly as you cross it. :mad:

I have tried to record this video heli trimmed and not. And I did better with untrimmed heli.

What's your controller setup?

Also don't forget to play with these curve to find your correct setup. You'll find it while trying to get a good hover.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37999001/Images/TOH/TakeOnH%202012-08-06%2009-54-39-98.png

Edited by hon0

thx for precious tips, hon0.

my saitek F.L.Y 5 stick is done some adjusting in game. so it's going better and better : D

first killed all dead zones that makes better respones and less swinging.

second used manual trim only pedal cuz it's hard to controll hovering, use by twist rudder of stick (mess up..)

BUT STILL!! mess up when take off and landing, comparing like ur video. ( i wanna be just stable..just just stable my heli)

i think my stick's tesion is little tight, it lead to go swinging. ;-( (no problem with wing based craft sims. yeah! )

maybe i need more and more practice and rudder controller.