Sign in to follow this  
fyrth

I can no longer set waypoints for the carrier in Map screen, in campaign

I am able to set waypoints for mantas and walruses with no problem. I now can only move the carrier in direct control mode. The map screen will allow me to Time Warp to other islands. I am very far into the campaign. I have not tested earlier save games, or strategy mode. I'm not sure if this is a bug or an undocumented feature. It does make navigation around islands very difficult, which is required by some missions, where telemetry may be limited.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I had this same problem yesterday, but not from going around an island, it was when I was confronting the enemy carrier in strategy mode, trying to mark a waypoint to take me alongside him and it wouldn't let me click.

i have the same issue it only happens after running into the other carrier

i can not set waypoints for my carrier

and i can no longer launch any vehicles it will only bring up the equip screen for them

i can reload a save from before the enemy carrier every thing is fine

and the bug happens again after coming in proxmity of the enemy carrier

I am having the same problem in campaign but it start as soon as i have to retake the island "treasure" i have also found that any of the tuturial islands also reset the unit load out the that type of mission if you have to retake the islands at any point.

I am able to set waypoints for mantas and walruses with no problem. I now can only move the carrier in direct control mode. The map screen will allow me to Time Warp to other islands. I am very far into the campaign. I have not tested earlier save games, or strategy mode. I'm not sure if this is a bug or an undocumented feature. It does make navigation around islands very difficult, which is required by some missions, where telemetry may be limited.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Treasure is one of the islands you do before you unlock the ability to manually control the carrier, wonder if there's a connection.

It very well may be that Treasure reset my status for setting waypoints for the Carrier. I've recaptured every island the enemy has taken away from me. He mostly concentrates on the 4 easy islands near the beginning of the campaign.

I've now eliminated his ability to take over my islands by wiping out his mobile units and his production islands. He left his 4 walruses and mantas behind when he took over one of my islands. It was strange seeing red numbers on my radar, representing his mobile units.

I've also become an expert at piloting the carrier in manual mode, due to not wanting to go through the early bits of the campaign again.

I am having no issues setting waypoints for mantas and walruses.

Returning to any of the first 4 islands will always cause the story events that occur at those islands to start over again. The 4th island isn't too obvious, since you had most everything by then, but the third island causes problems with navigating the carrier, and both it and the second island will replace one of your mantas and walruses with the one the mission gives you on those islands.

I've lost all the equipment I had on my manta/walrus several times just because I had to go back to those islands to retake them.

The first island is the worst. I cannot take it back, because if I go there, my carrier is reset to almost destroyed status, and I can't repair it at all. I can't launch anything, and all my guns are out. The one time I went, there were 2 mantas attacking my carrier, and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it.

I would really appreciate it if they could put a simple check to see if you've completed the story events for a given island whenever you go there so that this could be fixed. I've had to learn how to manually control the carrier for a while now because I can't remember how to restore it, I only know it has something to do with one of the first few islands...