Sign in to follow this  
red oct

Whats up w/ this forum?

happens alot too. i sometimes get to the topic selection page and when for example i pick offtopic, the loading process hangs up for like 20 mins and some kinda unavailable screen talking about my "information being protected" crap comes up. so whats goin on?

Sometimes I don't even get to the forum itself, happened just now. I thought it was my system messing up seeing how inferior it is (hopefully will fix it next payday) maybe being accessed by too many people at once? the offtopic area could be getting over burdened. Maybe it all is.

the forum is overwhelmed by ppl trying to access it.

for me accessing forums when EU is sleeping is easy. but whenI had to acces suring UK's nighttime, it was horrible.

so there are a lot of ppl trying to come here, but capacity is limited.

If you all WANT the forum to be faster and more accessible, then we could of course remove off-topic; that would free up immense bandwidth smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ June 30 2002,23:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you all WANT the forum to be faster and more accessible, then we could of course remove off-topic; that would free up immense bandwidth smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, I doubt that would speed anything up. Without off topic, there would still be as many people on the boards, and strain the server just as much. As for bandwidth...forums arent nearly as badwidth hungry as you might think. No one generally writes novels, and so the amount of banwidth eaten up isnt that great compared to say...playing a game of OFP.

What BIS needs is a beefier server and more RAM wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ June 30 2002,23:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you all WANT the forum to be faster and more accessible, then we could of course remove off-topic; that would free up immense bandwidth smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

or for a even better solution or for at least a great personal benefit, you could buy me DSL and pay for my subscription fees. smile.gif