Sign in to follow this  
Crapachi.M

Missing string

So yesterday I suddenly started running into issues with Arma2OA where it was crashing anytime I tried to launch it. Be it via a third-party launcher with mods or vanilla right through the Steam launcher, it was crashing on launch. So I did the usual stuff; updated drivers, turned off any OC'ing, closed out of all unnecessary programs/services, etc. But the crashing/unexpected quits persisted, so I figured now would be as good of time as any to reinstall A2OA completely.

Now with A2OA reinstalled via Steam, when I go to launch it I get a window titled 'Arma 2 Army of The Czech Republic Setup' that reads "!!! MISSING STRING". Shortly followed by another error window titled 'ArmA 2 OA' saying that there is "No entry..." for some file at "...Documents\Arma 2\Arma2OA.cfg.3D_Performance". After that it finally loads into the game, but without ACR, having self-aborted the first time run setup. I'd ultimately like to resolve this before setting BAF and PMC to redownload as well.

I love you BIS, but y u forsake me? :confused:

Best regards,

- Cloud

The exact error is : No entry 'C:\Users\UserName\Documents\ArmA 2\ArmA2OA.cfg.3D Performance' ?

Try to delete your config file and launch the game. (it will generate a new one)

File is located in "My Document" folder

The exact error is : No entry 'C:\Users\UserName\Documents\ArmA 2\ArmA2OA.cfg.3D Performance' ?

Try to delete your config file and launch the game. (it will generate a new one)

File is located in "My Document" folder

Affirmative on the error message. After deleting the config again (now with BAF and PMC installed as well), indeed the 3D_Performance value did get written to the config. Not sure why this wasn't happening with the plain A2OA fresh from Steam.

So that error message is resolved, but the "!!! Missing string" error still remains.

Thanks for your assistance,

- Cloud

Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall BattlEye?

Affirmative,

At least I had done it via directly replacing the .dlls from battleye.com to no avail. Having played OA a bit last night, and having prompted Steam itself to reinstall the client a couple times again after your recommendation, ACR seems to be installing fine this morning without the error showing up! :D

Thanks again for the suggestions,

- Cloud