Sign in to follow this  
firestormer2010

Arma 2 (greenman gamings Capsule version) and tak on helicopters Problem

Hi Everyone,

I am having trouble launching Take on helicopters (Steam Version) with Arma 2 installed on Greenman Gamings 'Capsule' version. Really wanted to try the rearmed DLC of TOH but it will not launch in steam.

Error 'Cannot open file 'd:\Program files (x86)\CapsuleGames\Arma II - PC:\\data\bin.pho'

Is there a work around or fix for this or is it just a case of needing steam version of Arma 2 to talk too Steam Version of TOH?

Thanks

James

I don't use Capsule, but have you tried running Steam as an administrator? If that doesn't work, maybe try running ToH as an administrator (by launching it using a shortcut or the exe). To me, the "cannot open" seems to indicate a permissions problem, but it could certainly mean something else. Also, do you have Capsule running when trying to launch? Not sure if that matters. If you do, try running it as administrator...when in doubt, run it as an administrator!

I've heard that there's a way to play/install GMG games without using Capsule, but it's pretty involved (involving registry editing your GMG Arma 2 key), might not work and possibly isn't allowed to be discussed on these forums. I tend to steer clear from GMG because I can't stand Capsule - it doesn't work for me (won't download games, no matter what I try and just generally doesn't ever seem to work). Sorry I can't be of more help.

Their A2 install is somehow really messed up. Search the forum for many people with this problem.

Try to rename in arma2\dta the bin.pho to bin.pbo.bk and see if it helps.

Thanks for your help alas can't do much about it, as said it's down to GMG and there install of the game (Arma 2) just got rid of capsule so I can play my new fav game TOH.. I can't moan though as I did get Arma 2 for free via a newspaper offer a while back...

Looking around for prices and note there is some money off Arma 2 combined operations at Gamefly (19.99 gbp) and may just get that tonight assuming there is no issues with that :/.....

Love this TOH game had it a week now and playing everyday :)

Cheers

Jame

Looking around for prices and note there is some money off Arma 2 combined operations at Gamefly (19.99 gbp) and may just get that tonight assuming there is no issues with that :/.....

Gamefly should be ok, I think. They used to be a console game rental service, but they expanded and bought Direct2Drive (a reputable PC game download site). If they've kept D2D's distribution method (and hopefully not turned it into a horrible rental method, like GMG), everything should work perfectly. But, I haven't used it, so I can't tell you whether it works fine or not.

Thanks Mattressi,

I ended up purchasing Arma 2 combined off steam in the end and everything seems to work perfectly (except me and my noob flying lol ;) ). Arma 2 looks good fun just been flying one of the planes in the tuturials (badly).

Time to practice on TOH :)

Thanks Mattressi,

I ended up purchasing Arma 2 combined off steam in the end and everything seems to work perfectly (except me and my noob flying lol ;) ). Arma 2 looks good fun just been flying one of the planes in the tuturials (badly).

Time to practice on TOH :)

Good to hear it's working well. I never ended up learning how to fly planes well, lol! You might also want to have a play in the Armory - a kind of sandbox mode that lets you try out different vehicles/weapons against bots. I ALWAYS die if I fly a plane and do a mission in the Armory lol.

Just had a quick peek at the 'Armory' mode oh my some fun to be had there (Crashing lol)... I hear there are different liveries for the helicopters in TOH but I don't see any option to change them or choose which Heli to fly (Bare with me I am the Noob of the week/year) any ideas? O_o

Thanks

PS:You can see why I have not tried Multiplayer yet lolz

You can choose different liveries in "Free flight" mode in ToH. If you're talking about in the Armory, though, I don't think you can get ToH helicopters in there (I might be wrong?). Also, you have to unlock vehicles/weapons in the Armory by doing challenges in the Armory, or you can always just look up the way to unlock it instantly.