Sign in to follow this  
silverspur

Missing files with 1.06 patch

Installed patch 1.06, no problems. Shows 1.06 loaded and has TKOH: Rearmed in the Expansions list. Getting error messages: Addon 'CAAIR_BAF' requires Addon 'CAcharacters_E'. Then the next one appears when trying to open either TKOH Rearmed or Arma OA: No entry 'Config.bin/CFGvehicles/SUV_Base_EP1.scope'.

Running WinXP SP3. Simulation has been running fine, no glitches till now.

Need some expertise,

Thanks much,

SilverSpur

It seems your arma registry entry are faulty or missing. Do you have the steam version?

If you don't want to run Rearmed anyway, make a shortcut to the takeoh.exe and add -mod=dummy

Do not have steam version. These errors now show up in my back-up of TKOH, go figure. I'll follow up with re-installing Arma OA.

Thanks,

SilverSpur

Missing files not in original Arma OA either. I've seen these same files missing on the Arma II sight and no one has helped that individual either. The files are obviously missing or corrupted in the download. I would be great if the programmers at Bohemia Interactive to check this out.

If you load TKOH without the mod parameter, it tries to detect Arma2 and/or Operation Arrowhead and combines it to TKOH Rearmed.

The error message is saying that it could not find one (or more) files from Operation Arrowhead, even though it found the BAF lite.

a) Please try the -mod=dummy suggestion

b) Upload your rpt

c) Make a hashlist from your OA folder please with this tool and upload it too

Thanks much for your help, however, not sure what you mean by making a short cut to the takeof.exe and add -mod=dummy. I have limited skills in this area. If you could, a brief tutorial would be great.

Thanks again,

SilverSpur

1. Locate the installation folder for TKOH; mine is: G:\Games\TakOH

2. Locate the takeonh.exe in there

3. Hit right mouse button on the exe

4. Select "Create shortcut" (or "Send to -> Desktop")

5. It will create in the same folder a file called: "takeonh.exe - shortcut" (Or on the desktop)

6. Hit right mouse button on the link file

7. Select properties

8. In the target field add at the end: -mod=dummy

Like G:\Games\TakOH\takeonh.exe -mod=dummy

Does this work for you?

You can find more startup parameters here you might find useful:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters

Another option would be to use a community launcher tool to handle the startup parameter and modline part. :)

Downloaded both TKOH and Arma2 OA for re-installation. TKOH downloaded and installed fine, already at 1.05. Updated to 1.06 but did not install Rearmed DLC. Runs fine now (so corrupted before re-install it wouldn't even open).

Arma2 OA would not complete an install after download, missing files. Tried twice without success. Would you know how to get a good usable Arma2 OA download, really would like to use the Rearmed DLC.

Thanks much,

SilverSpur

Did you download it from sprocket? When does it say "missing files" - during the install or patching?

During install! and did download all from Sprocket. I just got tired of dinking around and re-ordered both TKOH and Arma2 OA for a deletion and re-install. As I mentioned, TKOH loaded fine and ran great, installed patch 1.06 without Rearmed DLC (Arma2 OA could not load (missing files) after two complete download attempts from Sprocket. Wanted Chernus anyway so ordered/installed Arma2 which downloaded and installed fine. Here's the kicker, I still get both of the error messages I first got initially that trashed TKOH (see post #1). This happened after installing Rearmed DLC upon installing Arma2 . The errors now just say "continue" and I can run TKOH Rearmed fine for now.

Neither the installations of Arma2 or TKOH displayed any errors when played separately, go figure. I'm not computer literate enough to figure this one out....

Thanks for all your help

SilverSpur

Well in terms of the download it may corrupt during the data transfer for various reasons.

You could try to use a download manager like http://www.freedownloadmanager.org as they make sure the data is correct or download the data chunk again.

However you need to download the alternative way from sprocket - on the download page where it downloads the sprocket.exe it says below:

If you experience problems with the downloader, you may wish to use direct link to download with browser here

Click on the "here" and on the next page on the exe with right mouse button and select "download with free download manager".

Another possibility could be that your RAM or HDD has problems and causes the data corruption.

In any case first we need the RPT to get anywhere:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Take On Helicopters\takeonh.RPT

and

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Take On Helicopters\TakeOnH.cfg

Important: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windowsxp/ht/showhiddenfiles.htm

upload here ie:

http://www.file-upload.net/