Sign in to follow this  
twisted

hosted mission security available?

Hi. I am just getting started with mp scripting and running a test mission through my pc for people to join so I case how it runs and what needs tweaking.

Most people that pop on are cool, one guy from Japan was an amazing shot.

But last night I had my first hacker. He spawned a little bird and was honest about it. Was actually a pretty good player and teamwork orientated so I didn't mind, but when he disconnected he must have run a weird script because my character died and respawns on the spot every 30 seconds or so. Restarting game fixed it.

Thing is, as I'm not a dedicated server, is there anyway to run anti cheat programs? I didn't like the malicious cheat use and would like to prevent that again.

Cool or not he was a hacker and should be BANNED, and IMHO have his genitals removed so he cant reproduce!

As for anticheat on no dedi mate im not sure tbh, i think the script loggin etc only works on dedis

Thanks for the answer.

I looked at BE website, couldn't tell if it activates automatically for hosted sessions as for dedicated ones.

Thanks for the answer.

I looked at BE website, couldn't tell if it activates automatically for hosted sessions as for dedicated ones.

Hello,

Why not run your server like a normal dedicated, using the server executable? I'm under the impression that this increases performance as the server and client aren't using the same cores. Check out this tool too.

I hope this helps!

I didn't know that. Thanks very much I'll try running it as a server, having great fun but arma2 crashed twice last night for me which very unusual as it's normally very stable these days. Little improved performance always helps. Will also check out tophes script which I've never seen before.