Sign in to follow this  
iTzCorky

Domination Editing Help (Newb)

Hey guys I am new here and im curious on how to go about building a domination map for multiplayer. If someone could give me some links to some great tuts and a list of everything I need that would be great. I have already searched for tutorials and have only managed to find one that was of any use. Please help if you can thanks!

I have read that thread before but was not helpful. Everything in that post I already knew. I am really trying to get all this together so I can make a dom map and then teach other people how to by making a youtube video. I have dePBO the mission file and everyone tells me that I have to load it up into the mission editor after I have the folder in the mission folder but when I do that it does not show it in the load missions at all. Do i have to rePBO it before I put it in the missions folder? And then test?

---------- Post added at 01:22 ---------- Previous post was at 00:37 ----------

I just tried the mission I downloaded in the single player scenarios and it loads up just fine in that but for some reason it will not show up in the mission editor. Any Ideas Why?

Hey twirly I have already placed it in my missions folder. My missions folder is located under the steam folder. That is what I am not understanding is why it is not showing the missions I put in the folder in the mission editor. It is very strange.

Don't use the Steam version mate. This page here says...

For single player: \Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\Missions

For multi player: \Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\MPMissions

Based on the above the whole path should be....

\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\Missions\missionname.utes

or

\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\MPMissions\missionname.utes

...if utes was the map/island used for the mission called missionname.

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe your username on the computer comes into it somehow and needs to be present in the path. Maybe someone else using the Steam version can jump in here and help you out.

Edited by twirly
Clarity

Hey twirly I have already placed it in my missions folder. My missions folder is located under the steam folder. That is what I am not understanding is why it is not showing the missions I put in the folder in the mission editor. It is very strange.

I don't use steam but this is where my depboed go to use in the editor

C:\Users\yourName\Documents\ArmA 2\MPMissions

or

C:\Users\yourName\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\yourPlayerName\MPMissions