Sign in to follow this  
RamBoRaideR

View Distance Changes Back

Hi there,

i got a problem while playing - i cant change my View distance.

or rather more accurately - when i change my view distance it changes, but the second i get in the sights the view distance changes back to 300/400 meters.

tested on Fallujah Insurgency Night time (10PM Game time)

tried changing the View distance both through the Insurgency "Radio" Controls (at the Map) and at the MCC, none helped.

also tried to run without recently downloaded mods, didnt help aswell.

Thank you very much!

Sorry I didn't understand your problem very well, so please tell me if I am wrong.

You changed the view distance in a mission while playing?

If so, perhaps there is a problem with a script, and by the way, if you change it in a mission, it would get reset to the value you entered in the game options once you stop the mission, if I remember correctly.

So better set it in MainMenu: Options -> Video options -> Distance

Can you make a screenshot so that we can see where you set your view distance Options?

The view distance is set during a multiplayer session, examples to where i set my view distance will be the "Settings" scroll wheel option in Domination, Etc.

it did not happen before, and i got no clue what changed since the last time.

Hmmm, and the option says 300/400m? or is that the distance you can see effectively (in that case, it might be also the weather setting - more fog = less view distance)?

Are you running the latest stable release or the beta?

Hmmm, and the option says 300/400m? or is that the distance you can see effectively (in that case, it might be also the weather setting - more fog = less view distance)?

Are you running the latest stable release or the beta?

the Options says 420, since i need to re-set it everytime again,

and i dont think i could see to 4000+ meters with fog on, after all it changes back when i get into the sight (Also, it doesnt matter what sight, tried RCO, CCO/ Ironsight, Binocs, Pistol etc.)

Running Stable release.

Hey Rambo. We play on Takistan Insurgency and one of our players is also noticing this happening. It's a problem with the mission. I'll look into what might be causing it, might be worth notifying the mission author on his thread here, which I will probably do in a day or two if I can't find the fix. Also try another mission just to make sure this isn't the only issue you are having.

some mission makers hard-code viewdistance on-purpose and/or provide ability to tune them before mission launch.

other did same for terrain grid resolution.

with similar reason: provide consistent/immersive gameplay and ensure fairplay.

thats why also, some server admins enforce grass on servers, despite whine of owners of Arma2-incompatible-PC's[read single-core CPU's].

some mission makers hard-code viewdistance on-purpose and/or provide ability to tune them before mission launch.

other did same for terrain grid resolution.

with similar reason: provide consistent/immersive gameplay and ensure fairplay.

thats why also, some server admins enforce grass on servers, despite whine of owners of Arma2-incompatible-PC's[read single-core CPU's].

I'm familiar with my unit's server, and the View distance was not set prior to mission launch,

i'm mainly awaiting Bates to post his results, thanks alot.