Sign in to follow this  
ArakAtak

Mouse stutter grief!

Hi all, I am having major troubles with the mouse stuttering and not moving as if I have hair all caught up in it (I don't it's optical) It happens on every screen in game - menu, in game or options. It starts, it stops, it take a huge effort to get it to line up on a button and even harder to line up an enemy forehead.

I have a logitech mouseman with latest logitech drivers.

Before you all yell at me:

Yes - I have read every FAQ and previous post about logitech mice and have tried every single workaround and setting possible. I tried the standard windows drivers but they didn't seem to help and then I lost wheel and thumb button functions the rest of the time. I even went to the extreme of loading the lastest MSintellipoint optical drivers, suprisingly they actually worked on my desktop - in game still the same problem.

It is strange that this mouse performs flawlessly in every other application and game I have ever used! Super smooth without any hiccups (I use cad a lot so smoothness is very important)

I can't believe that you are still trying to tell us it is somehow the fault of logitech mice or their drivers! Maybe they do have a fault and admittedly their drivers do lack in some areas but if every other piece of software can function then why not this??

I have struggled with this game since it first came out - I havent played it for about 5 months - I saw it in my draw and wondered why I stopped playing it - after 5 minutes I remembered sad.gif

please please please someone fix it smile.gif

ps: I am patched up to the latest version 1.46

P3 1Ghz, GeForce2 GTS, 256Mb ram

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ArakAtak @ June 26 2002,17:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes - I have read every FAQ<span id='postcolor'>

Have you searched The FAQ for "stutter" and followed through on both matching FAQ items? confused.gif

Wow that was quick!

Yeah I had tried both of those fixes but neither made any difference.

It just annoys the crap outta me when everything else runs perfectly - I really want to keep playing this game.

I can play it - it just means I get killed much more often b/c I can never shoot the buggers smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 26 2002,07:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ArakAtak @ June 26 2002,17wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes - I have read every FAQ<span id='postcolor'>

Have you searched The FAQ for "stutter" and followed through on both matching FAQ items? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

AvonLady, I think the FAQ entry regarding mouse lag needs to be updated. NVMax is no longer being supported by the author and can no longer be downloaded from his site, and with current versions of the Detonator drivers, a pre-render limit of 0 frames causes lockups in both OFP and other Direct3D applications -- you cannot even complete the DXDiag video tests with a limit of 0.

If would recommend that people looking for a tuning program get RivaTuner and set the pre-render limit to 1.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ June 26 2002,19:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">AvonLady, I think the FAQ entry regarding mouse lag needs to be updated. NVMax is no longer being supported by the author and can no longer be downloaded from his site, and with current versions of the Detonator drivers, a pre-render limit of 0 frames causes lockups in both OFP and other Direct3D applications -- you cannot even complete the DXDiag video tests with a limit of 0.

If would recommend that people looking for a tuning program get RivaTuner and set the pre-render limit to 1.<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks for the heads-up. smile.gif