Sign in to follow this  
bospor

Single mission creation step by step

Want to make a real campaign, but can't even do some of the basics in mission making. When i finish making my mission in editor, I save it a a single mission. Then go to My Documents/Arma2/Missions and find that mission, I only have mission.sqm there. I know that the folder needs to have way more than that. Where do you guys find step-by-step tutorial on how to organize the mission with briefing, scripts folder, custom videos, etc? All I can find with google are tutorial on youtube how to use the editor. I know its a noobish question, but please somebody kick me into a right direction with good tutorial or website.

Download one of my campaigns there are in folders (not packed to pbo, or you can unpbo someone else campaign). You will see what files you need and how they look as example: briefings, descriptions, cutscens etc. I remember i learned this way how to make campaigns :)

You can search here for answers or check OFPEC, very good site if you have questions about editing.

Edited by tom3kb

I would suggest starting step by step. First make a mission with a briefing. Then make a mission with scripts. Then make a mission with text/speech dialog. Then make a mission with a camera intro. Then make a mission with video. Don't try to do everything at once when you're starting.

Pick one or two things you want to highlight in a mission and build the mission around that. Not all missions need all features.

thanks gents

tom3kb: I have several examples of missions already and see how the folder is organized, just can't find explanations on why it is organized that way and do I just make all these files manually or will they appear in the folder automatically when I do something in the editor.

kylania: thanks for the links and the order. You are right, I am not tackling this entire thing at once, I am doing step by step learning. Almost done with learning animation commands now. Learned the editor very well already and putting commands in init field and condition field. But still can't figure out how to make the scripts work from the script file in my mission file. I put the script.sq files in the script folder, but it still gives me messages script not found. I was just very surprised that nobody yet made a tutorial on the engineering part of a single mission making. At least I can't find it.

Edited by Bospor

Hello Bospor,

hope it will help...

Use the link:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1157

I used it for my very first steps to build a mission.

All you need is included.

It´s the right tutorial for a beginner, i guess.

Good luck and don´t give up! :)

Grettings

McLupo

Hah! Good ol' Rick Rawling's tutorial. I remember that fondly! OFPEC has another tutorial that was pretty good too. Both are kinda outdated these days. I tried to redo the OFPEC one, but got distracted. :)

Hah! Good ol' Rick Rawling's tutorial. I remember that fondly! OFPEC has another tutorial that was pretty good too. Both are kinda outdated these days. I tried to redo the OFPEC one, but got distracted. :)

@kylania:

... hope you will rework the OPEC-Stuff one day, because it would be great if you add this on your helpful ArmA2/OA Scripts and Demos by kylania. Many thanks, i use it often! :)

@Bospor:

Here is another useful guide, i learned alot, because it´s written for beginners, but also with advanced features, too.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13109

All the best to you, mates.

Cheers

McLupo