Sign in to follow this  
s8n333x2

i need help

just dl game and it won't load says addon\water_h.pbo too short. i was trying to post in troubleshooting but it would not give me a continue button to do it. i waited all day for this file and can't find a fix can someone plz help me?

s8n333x2

If you downloaded it on Steam, right click on Take on Helicopters in your Steam game list, click 'properties', then the 'local files' tab and then click 'verify integrity of game cache'. It will take a while as Steam checks to make sure that everything was downloaded correctly. Any files that have issues will be redownloaded. That should fix it. If it doesn't, try deleting that file entirely and redownloading through Steam.

If you've got the game from a different online store, maybe try patching it first and if that doesn't work, uninstall then redownload and reinstall.

i can't get anyone to copy and send it to me? it takes 24 hours to download :( sheesh i pay 50 bucks for this and it won't play just my luck...already getting disenchanted.

s8n333x2

Well, for me the file is 150mb and it would take me longer than 24 hours to upload it, lol (Australian upload rates are usually REALLY slow), plus I'm not sure if we're allowed to upload it. You could try contacting a moderator or developer to ask them if it's allowed, but they don't seem to come to the ToH section much.

If you've got the Steam version, verifying the game cache will find the file you need to download and it will download only that file, which would save time.

It's not anyone's fault that the file downloaded corrupt - from what I can tell, it can happen with any file download, unfortunately. Sorry that I can't be more helpful.

ahhh i got it from flightsim pilot shop...guess i'm stuck dling again if this one don't work imma have to come up with another plan.

thanx anyway buster,

s8n333x2 :)

Those are unfortunately the downsides of digital distribution; nobody can guarantee perfect transmission of data, so if it gets corrupted ... the file needs to be downloaded again (or repaired in some cases). Different online vendors use different tools and some are more reliable than others.

well since your the dev. you should check to make sure flightsim pilot shop's downloads themselves are not corrupt. i'd hate for anyone else to go through what i'm going through right now. i got tired of it and just told them to send me a disc. i just hope it works. i been wanting to try this game for some time now and it took me a longtime to save up the cash. i sure hope it's worth it. lol

well since your the dev. you should check to make sure flightsim pilot shop's downloads themselves are not corrupt.

External vendors are out of our control. We can only deliver the product to them and support visitors of our own digital store. Note that the file does not have to be corrupt on their servers. It may have easily corrupted during transfer to your PC for many reasons. We hope you'll get the game working soon and enjoy flying :)

ok to update i just caved and ordered a disc copy the dl'ing was jus to much hassle. lol hope it's worth it....the screenies i have seen looked really promising and i love copters. one quick "?" i will be able to use my joystick and rudder pedals from my other flight sims (ROF and IL2) right? just asking before hand so i know what i'm up against. see you in the skies soon...

s8n333x2

Yep, you'll be able to use them perfectly. Rudder pedals are almost mandatory for playing the game on expert (the hardest difficulty) because of the torque induced yaw modelled in the game, plus it should make aiming at things easier (if you end up using combat helicopters).

Just make sure that if you find flying too hard at first, that you set the difficulty down a bit, since that makes the flight model a little easier. Also, you might want to adjust the deadzone of your joystick to be zero (i.e. no deadzone), if possible - I find it makes hovering easier and certainly is more realistic.