Sign in to follow this  
TheNFLDElite

Joy sticks and other USB devices to fly/pilot

Hello there! I was just wondering if I could use both of these things to pilot/fly helicopters and jets in Arma 2:

Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick

And I was considering buying some rudders but I don't know if they would work or not ! :

CH Products Pro Rudder Pedals USB

Please let me know If the rudders are able to be configured with flying in the game. I know the joystick can but I'd like to know about the rudders.

Thank you.

Edited by TheNFLDElite

Both will work fine. I'm looking at getting a HOTAS setup too. Pedals are a must for flying helicopters on Expert difficulty in Take on Helicopters (well, I've seen some crazy people fly Expert with mouse and keyboard, but it certainly is unrealistically difficult). The T-Flight Hotas has a twist action (you twist/rotate the stick on the spot) which can be used instead of pedals, if you want, but I'd rather pedals, since a twist action isn't realistic and leads to accidental movement in other directions. You can disable the twist action on the T-Flight Hotas using a switch, from what I've read. I don't own pedals (I've only used them at a friends'), so I can't comment more about how they're configured.

Both will work fine. I'm looking at getting a HOTAS setup too. Pedals are a must for flying helicopters on Expert difficulty in Take on Helicopters (well, I've seen some crazy people fly Expert with mouse and keyboard, but it certainly is unrealistically difficult). The T-Flight Hotas has a twist action (you twist/rotate the stick on the spot) which can be used instead of pedals, if you want, but I'd rather pedals, since a twist action isn't realistic and leads to accidental movement in other directions. You can disable the twist action on the T-Flight Hotas using a switch, from what I've read. I don't own pedals (I've only used them at a friends'), so I can't comment more about how they're configured.

As long as the pedals can be configured I'm happy!

Yes it will work. But I'm scared the Hotas X isn't precise enought for TOH. Do you have a separate throttle?