Sign in to follow this  
Spinecone

Medium falling out of the sky after intense vibration, no discernable reason

I'm just trying to play through the story, and I'm trying to fly the mediums buyer back to his compound, and as I fly along at fairly high speed, the medium starts to vibrate more and more, indicating rotor damage of some description, before the blades suddenly become visible due to them turning slowly, and then, after about 4/5 seconds, it just drops like a rock.

Additionally, my torque warning light is almost constantly red, I suspect this is what's damaging the rotors, what am I doing to cause the torque warning to go off, is it just my habit of flying nose down collective at full?

Finally, I read in the thread n1ghtstalker started about flight dynamics that there was a glitch, causing the medium to take damage when flown at high speed, but I am fairly certain that has since been fixed, hasn't it?

EDIT:

The torque light only seems to come on when I apply a lot of collective fairly quicky, or when I get near full collective. I'm assuming that that is supposed to be the case, and i simply have to be more gentle with it?

Edited by Spinecone
Grammar and Capitalization, my mortal enemies

Yes. It's due to over speed. Fly at 50%.. 75% collective it's large enought.. Hey ! You have a big boss behind you not a stuntman ;)

Aaaaaaaaah, that explains it.

One more question, the torque warning light can be eitther off, red or yellow, from what I've seen. Red is clearly danger, and keeping it there will damage the helicopter, but will the rotors take damage if it momentarily flickers to yellow while I'm manuevering, or when I push the nose down, see yellow, and then pull the nose up to something more sensible?

Thanks for informing me on that, I suspected it was overspeed/too much torque when I managed to finish Joseph Larkin's first flashback without causing rotor damage, and was able to fly it properly without getting a torque warning, but it's nice to have confirmation from someone who knows what they are doing :P

As for the boss not stuntman, BAH! Being a"Warrior of the Boardroom" is supposed to be a stressful job, right? Let's see him show some of those guts he supposedly has to earn his position, he should be able to handle at LEAST a wingover!