Sign in to follow this  
lax

ARRESTING CIVILIANS / OPFOR *Help*

I am working on a COOP mission where a US Army unit will be deployed to Africa (Isla Duala). Part of the mission involves protestors throwing rocks and rioting outside of the FOB. I am trying to figure out a way to be able to arrest the protestors and bring them back to base.

I know that its possible to have the option to restrain other characters. I also know from the surrender module that its possible to add an OPFOR or Civilian unit to your group.

BEST case scenario is that I can make it so that one of my BLUFOR guys (controlled by player of course) can walk up to a protestor (they are on the OPFOR side) and have the option to restrain them, then un-restrain them and add them to their group so they can take them back to base to be jailed.

I know this is asking for a lot so I have some ideas for alternatives but that is just the best case scenario.

Any and all help is appreciated, thanks.

Surrender Module has nothing to do with joining groups or what you're trying to do. That's all about infantry throwing down their guns and giving up to a tank when they realize they are screwed. :)

Here's an old thread with some ideas but better might be the Civilian Interaction Module which seems a lot more robust. :)

Unfortunately we all use a set modpack so I cant add outside modules to it.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

ok so ive decided to do something else and its a lot more simply and easy to do. I feel like im close but i dont have it yet. I just want to be able to scroll-wheel restrain somebody (make them unable to move in the handcuff animation) then use another option to teleport them to the base. Any ideas? Ive been at it for a while but im stuck

not sure I understand but unit disableAI "anim" may do the trick

not sure I understand but unit disableAI "anim" may do the trick

Its simple for example if you have ever played a life server, you can restrain a civilian making them play an animation and be unable to move. Then I want to simply teleport them to a jail.

And i think disableAI is disabled in multiplayer but i could be wrong

What is this line for?

action = _suspect addAction["foo", "foo.sqf"];

I just get script "foo".sqf not found?

Also i need them to be stuck in an animation when restrained and then restrained It looks promising tho!

That line is what adds the action to the civilian. You'd have to create that sqf file in your mission folder.

so i make an sqf called "foo" with

_action = _suspect addAction["foo", "foo.sqf"];

while {_action >= 0} do {

_suspect removeAction _action;

_action = _action - 1;

};

???

Its just not very clear what the deal with foo.sqf is

Ok thanks getting closer now. Any idea how to get the AI to be stuck in the restrain animation?

Edited by lax

bump :(