Sign in to follow this  
texkaz

Problem with setidentity

This problem has me really over a stump. So it isnt working. Nothing that I do will change the face, name, or voice. I had it working for a bit and the voice on my Russian character was english and I just couldnt have that. So I did some tweaking around and reloaded in the editor and I had an error causing me to quit.

Anyways, here is my description.ext.

class CfgIdentities

{

class andrei

{

name="Andrei Bolkonskiy";

face="Face08";

glasses="sunglasses";

speaker="Ivan"; <-----------------Apparently Ivan spoke english when this worked..wtf? I also tried Male03Ru.

pitch=1.1;

};

};

I also put the code onto a charecter with this setidentity "andrei";. Did not work. So I named him yuri and did yuri setidentity "andrei";. Still did not work. Anyone see any problem here?

Edited by TexKaz

no that is a typo on my part. I typed this setidentity "andrei". and yuri setidentity "andrei".

Check the formatting of the brackets and semicolons, as the last entry in cfgIdentities is formatted differently and I've had it CTD when this happens. On iPad now or I'd pull up an example. I believe the last entry, or only entry if there is only one in cfgIdentities, needs to only have the semicolon after the class brackets end, but not the last entry within the class.

EDIT: Ok I had to check on this to make sure, here's an example of the proper formatting (note the highlighted red diff btwn yours):

class CfgIdentities
{

class Jaw1h
{
name="Gary";
face="face72";
glasses="cap_desert_h";
speaker="MALE02EN";
pitch=1.02;
};

class NA2h
{