Sign in to follow this  
_qor

Awareness of units

So there is a thing I recognized while editing and playing:

There is a village full of OPFORs, and a BLUFOR squad which should clear this area. Besides there is a trigger, which should move several groups of OPFORs, when BLUFOR has been detected by OPFOR.

But - I am watching the hole situation from a rooftop - when BLUFOR finally reaches the village and shoot at OPFOR (actually I dont know where BLUFOR shoot at, but I hear that they shoot!), there is no reaction from any OPFOR-unit. They all stay at there positions, no ducking or hiding or engaging. Thus, the trigger doesnt trigger and the support for OPFOR doesnt move to the battlefield.

But apart from this, I epxected OPFOR to lead in further action to hide, fight or at least run away. But nothing happens.

So what is the condition, to make all the OPFORs within the village to recognize enemy fire. It is possible that BLUFOR only shoot at one OPFOR-unit and only this unit reacts.

But shouldnt react all the other OPFORs? I mean I do hear shooting, shouldnt OPFOR hear and react as well?

EDIT://

I put a sound to the trigger so I finally know when it triggers. Result: even if BLUFOR shoots AND one OPFOR unit shoots back, the trigger triggers about 20 seconds later. WTF? I mean it has been set to "blufor detected by opfor", hasnt opfor detected blufor when opfor shoot at blufor?

What I also changed is the BLUFOR fire-status from "hold" fire" to "engage at will". What shouldnt mean that they didnt shoot before, but does this have an effect on the enemy's reaction on the fire?

Edited by _qoR

I can think of a few problems. You complain it takes 20 seconds? Check the min, max, and mid field of the trigger and see what those numbers are set to. Also you have to make sure that the BLUFOR is not only detected but also detected in the trigger area. So your trigger could be 5m in radius but BLUFOR is engaging them and being detected from 100m away. If that is the case then the trigger may not be activating. Also remember that the AI is dumb. I would suggest to take advantage of the UPSMON Urban Patrol Script and learn how to use it. Or even better yet download the Zeus AI addon and install it. Makes the AI 10 times smarter and reactive.

Nope, all parameters are set correctly.

But great! I give the Zeus AI a try. Probably exactly what I was looking for.

omg...is it true? For the Zeus AI mod I need Community Base Addons and ACE2-core?

But hell, it looks awsome! Would somebody give me first support? Its hard to come out with all these information -.-

Do I have to install ALL the community base addons first?

Does it work with Arma2: Reinforcements actually??

Edited by _qoR

okay, way too intensive to install and to prepare. and especially kind of untrasperent!

Im gonna wait until its more user-friendly.

Zeus has a non-ace version of it. Usually they are downloaded together and you have to install the right version into your addon folder.

GREAT!!

What about the increased radio-activitiy Ive seen in videos? There are shouts and yellings which I really miss now.

Would be SLX and Zeus AI compatible, or is one mod regarded as better than the other one?

So I found the SLX mod and tested it:

As far as I can see, the SLX mod is - for my needs - a better solution. Fire-fights are very more intensive from the first second.

But why the hell: in the original and in both mods, your team cant keep up with you if you are running fast. why?

I will test the same editor-draft with both mods separately!

Results:

-the SLX AI seems to be more reactive and very more willing to shoot

-SLX AI seems also as if they can see through plants (not sure)

-with both AI mods I had a curious happening: I positioned my team in front of a sniper standing on a fuel-tank about 50 to max. 100 meters away. He didnt react anyway although I had his hole shape in sight and he looked right into my face! This was at the beginning of playing, dont know if the AI has to need some time to be ready^^

Edited by _qoR