Sign in to follow this  
dkosmack

Forward Observer Module for Invasion 1944. Help

Im Creating missions with the map editor in Invasion 1944, I need some help implementing the Forward Observer/ Artillery Modules.

The map editor in i1944 has new modules to use, if you know anything about them and feel like helping me, Id appreciate it.

Im not new to mission editing, I dont need you to "talk slowly" or anything. If I dont understand something I will ask.

Thanks

dkosmack

From past experience the Forward Observer module is easy to use. First, place down the Forward Observer module, and then place the mortar/artillery units you want to use. After that, place or choose an infantry unit whom you want to use as your forward observer (this usually works best when you use the sniper or spotter from a sniper team). Afterwards, synchronize the FO module with both the lead mortar/artillery unit and the unit(s) you wish to be your forward observer. Give them waypoints and once they move out they will identify targets on their own and (assuming there's enough distance from the mortar/arty unit and target) order a strike. If you want to have multiple mortar units and forward observers, just repeat the same steps above. I hope that makes sense enough, it's a little late on my end and I'm wiped haha.

Also next time you have trouble with mod specific features, don't create a new thread, post in the pre-existing thread and wait for an answer: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131613-Invasion-1944-v2-6-(CO) :)

ok excellent thanks man. ive noticed that this works if youre the one playing the FO, i noticed the menu option of "fire at this position". i placed the module, mortar squads, and an officer and linked them together for the germans, i tested it by standing a few hundred yards from them as a paratrooper and they didnt fire at me at all. do they also need triggers perhaps?