Sign in to follow this  
Nekudotayim

Playin Arma 2 in COOP

Hello,

I was planning to play Arma 2 and OA in COOP with a friend through internet. So I set up a host for the campaign. (also tried it in multiplayer mode) I've set up a password, so only he is able to join me. He was looking for my host, he found it and tried to join but the connection failed. He saw that my host has a ping of 2500.

I was searching for a solution but nothing helped so far. Hopefully, you can help us.

I am using Win 7 and bought Arma 2 OA using Steam. I also started Arma 2 using Steam. (maybe I should start it without the Steam "Overlay"?)

I have an upload speed of ~821,20 kBit/s, which I guess should be enough for a 2 player campaign COOP.

I tried the following things:

First, I disabled the Windows 7 firewall and also the firewall on my router. No success.

Then I tried to configure the firewall.

The Win 7 firewall has 3 profiles: private, public and domain. The private profile is active. Arma 2 rules are set up to be active for private and public profiles. Can anyone help me please, what exactly I have to set up here, to allow incoming requests for Arma 2 and the ports?

I kinda wonder, if I really need to setup anything here, because it did not work, even if the firewall was disabled.

Any help on this is much appreciated! :) A sticky thread for this would be nice too.

Best regards

Edited by Nekudotayim

Check your Task Manager and kill anything that you don't need may help you out.