Sign in to follow this  
mandy

Are there any differences between the BI Studio version and Steam version?

Forgive me for my questions which may seem inane, but are there any differences between the versions if I buy the Steam version of ARMA II: CO from the BI Studio online store as opposed to from the Steam store? If I buy it from BI Studio, will it be as though I bought it from the Steam store (eg. being kept updated through Steam, multiplayer through Steam, etc. I see there are no achievements on Steam, so that is not so much an issue)?

I suspect both versions would be the same with all the same features, but I would like to give ARMA II: CO to my little sister for her upcoming birthday and so am very anxious that everything goes smoothly. I only ask because I typically do not buy keys so am unsure of how they operate.

Additionally, I have been reading that some people have ordered the game, been charged, but not received their keys yet. If I were to order, what is the likely time I would have to wait to receive the key? (I would like some time to organise a scavenger hunt and/or riddles she has to solve to obtain the key.)

Thank you!

I don't recall any differences, ones a store by BIS, the other is sold on behalf of BIS with valve taking a cut of the profits, Steam will auto-update on full releases while i belive you need to manually download and pach versions (1.59, 1.60, 1.61 ect, steam will not update Beta's, they have to be done manually) mods are fairly simple on both platforms (especially with Six updater or a modloader.) so really its upto personal opintion, i prefer to buy through stema just because of ease, fast download from their servers, reasonable price, excellent customer support and all my games and mods are in one place.

Mandy as for a "stuck" key, I would strongly advise you to purchase the game at something like 9am CET, that means there'll be at least 3 guys sat at their desks who can manually push your order through if it gets stuck, unfortunately due to the very high demand sometimes an order will get stuck but 99.9% of the time everything happens automatically. If your sister is not very PC savvy the Steam version might be slightly easier for her to download (it will be auto updated through Steam), just make sure she disables any antivirus when installing and runs Steam as admin: http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4800/steamadmin.jpg