Sign in to follow this  
markb50k

Having problem editing an Addon

This is a general question, not one specific to a particular addon.

Lets say I have downloaded a vehicle addon from someone off of Armaholic, and I notice some issues in-game with the vehicle, Like I see a spelling error in the displayName, but really the actual change doesnt matter, i'm just asking in general.

I have Eliteness so I have been able to view the config.bin and inspect the config entry for the vehicle.

I know that i need to make a change to the config, so I decide to make a change and test it out locally. I derapify the config.bin into a config.cpp. I make my edit and then rePBO it.

I start up Arma 2 and go to the Editor, i can now see the displayName has changed for the vehicle, great!

But when i start the mission, i get an error that the game cannot open the object P3D file. I confirm that the path its looking for is a good path. I confirm The path and filename are there in the PBO file.

I think i am missing one small step in editing the PBO but i cant figure it out. Do I make sure i auto-rapify when I create the PBO again? I've tried it both ways. No luck.

Is there some step you are supposed to do that I am missing? This happens with any PBO i try to edit, I've tried it with an addon from AAW and one of Trouble's BAOR vehicles. All I am editing is a single value in the config..

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pretty sure i figured it out. Since I dePBO'd it, it created a directory of the PBO name, and I was rePBO'ing that directory, causing a nested directory structure.