Sign in to follow this  
Echo38

Removing the forced disembark?

When a group leader (including A.I.) gives a player an order to disembark from a vehicle, the player is magically removed from the vehicle whether he wishes to comply with the order or not. Is there any way to remove this effect? Currently, the only solution I can think of is to make all players in separate groups. This is inconvenient. Any other way?

Example of what I'm looking to remedy: today, I was playing a mission I'd made wherein I was a subordinate infantryman being attacked by an enemy helicopter. The enemy helicopter crash-landed but its gun turret was intact. The (player-controlled) gunner remained in the vehicle, attacking my A.I. troops, so I flanked the helicopter and shot the gunner. I then entered the gunner's position to attack the downed pilot, who had run away from the crash and picked up a rifle from a corpse. However, my dullard of an A.I. commander told me, "2, disembark!" and POOF I was magically teleported outside of the helicopter. I quickly got back in before the distant pilot could shoot me, but the command once again magically dismounted me remotely. This happened repeatedly--I was unable to utilize the gun position the way that the guy I'd just shot was able to, because my A.I. commander wouldn't quit Jedi mind-tricking me out of it. But, never mind whether or not the command was tactically sound--the commander should never even have that ability, let alone use it, in any of my missions. Help, please?

Edited by Echo38