Sign in to follow this  
Demidekidasu

Activate SecOps via trigger

Hi all,

Been searching for this on here and google, but can't find the answer I'm looking for!

Bassically, I am making a mission where you start in a base so you can choose your own weapons etc., then board a helicopter which transports you to another location on the map (quite far off) to "begin" the actual mission. I want there to be SecOps active in this mission, but not until you enter an area defined by a trigger.

In other words, I want to activate the SecOps module via a trigger. Is this possible at all?

Huge thanks in advance!

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

Nobody able to help me? :(

Thought I had it sussed for a minute by creating a trigger with "deployed=true" in its on act field, then putting "deployed" in the condition of presence field of the SecOps module... Am I on the right lines at least?

Type "Secops" into the Search bar and check the magic that happens!

What?

I said I've been seen searching already and couldn't find it.

Been searching for this on here and google, but can't find the answer I'm looking for!

In fact, I have been trying to find a solution pretty much all day.

Don't talk to me as if I'm stupid, thank you.

Woke up in the wrong side of the bed did we? I feel no sympathy for you as I have been doing this for more than ten years. Have you any idea how much reading and searching I have done to find my answers.

You guys are here five minutes and want everything!

Edited by twirly

So, bassically, what you are saying is that if I don't know, I shouldn't be allowed to know?

What a wonderful person you are.

FYI, I've been around for more than 5 minutes, Mr. Elitist.

I think this is probably the first time I have ever needed to ask for help from others because I cannot find out how to do something anywhere, and this is the response I get?

Here buddy.... I searched and voila!!

Put this in your trigger....

nul = [] execVM "initsom.sqf";

Create this file in your mission folder....

initsom.sqf:-

createCenter WEST;
_group = createGroup west;

SOM = _group createUnit ["SecOpManager", [0,0,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
SOM synchronizeObjectsAdd [player];
SOM setvariable ["rules",[west]];
SOM setVariable ["settings", [[], true, nil, nil, false]];

waituntil {not (isnull SOM)};

hint "SOM Module Initialised";
titleText ["SOM Module Initialised!","PLAIN DOWN"];

sleep 5;

[["tactical_airstrike"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

The problem is... you need to learn about triggers first.... then about the SOM... then put the two together. Work it out one line at a time. Test, test, test and test again my friend.

Edited by twirly
Clarity

Thank you, I see how I need to do it now.

The script there provides tactical support, but not missions. With some modification/simplification to the script, I have got it to create a SecOps manager with the default settings - which generates missions. At least, it looks that way...

createCenter WEST;
_group = createGroup west;

SOM = _group createUnit ["SecOpManager", [0,0,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
SOM synchronizeObjectsAdd [player];

waituntil {not (isnull SOM)};

However, I maintain my view that there really was no need for you to be as rude to me as you were.

I wasn't aware that it needed to be scripted. I was looking for some solution involving the init field or the condition of presence field in the module itself. That's the reason I couldn't find what I needed.

If you are here to learn...I am glad to help. If you just want answers because you have no patience.... you are probably not going to be around for very long anyway because the game demands extreme patience with a lot of hair pulling.

I have a problem pulling out my hair for these people!

Anyway... glad you got it sorted man.

I do know what you mean, and have seen the type of poster you are talking about. As I said, I've been playing ArmA and messing around in the editor for a few years now :)

I'm just not someone who particpates in forums a lot - hence my low post count. I can usually find what I need by looking at the wiki, forums and whatnot, or simply by experimentation, but in this instance I was way off in my understanding of how it's done.

OK mate... truce! Will be glad to help you in the future.

Hey guys is there any easier way to activate or deactivate a module via a trigger? say if u wanted a color or weather effect to kick in at a certain time? or deactivating a certain module i.e the blowout module after a trigger has been activated?

Regards,

GODSPEEDSNAKE