Sign in to follow this  
gromacs

Operation Bullseye - helicopter shot down, then what?

I'm not very good at autorotation but I understand the theory of it. Part way through operation Bullseye,

the chopper gets shot down by enemy fire. I tried to revert and fly low and fast over water far away from land, but the game director just kills me. Then I thought I would fly high and slow over land, and try autorotate when the director decides to disable the chopper. Then I tried flying low and slow over land to BS my autorotation so I only had to fall 5 meters. I finally ended up landing beside a stretch of road, the copilot said some more stuff over the radio I hadn't heard previously, and then something blows up the chopper to kill us all.

So obviously I haven't found the "correct" way to play this mission yet. What am I doing wrong here?:confused:

There's a lot of room for failure on that mission, but it's certainly playable. Here's what I did:

After a successful crash landing, get out of your chopper as fast as you can. There are enemy troops all around

(I think some extra troops get spawned nearby as well)

. Don't even try to fight them. They'll kill you in seconds.

There is also very little cover around the area you're most likely to crash at. Your best strategy is to use the terrain to hide yourself from any and all troops. The area is mostly flat, but there are a few slopes and ridges here and there that will conceal you, as long as you keep the enemy far enough away from you.

You don't have to fire a single shot on this mission. Just keep moving, because the enemy troops will be out on full alert looking for you. If you stop, they'll find you.

Eventually, you'll be given vectors to an extraction point. Make your way there using the terrain to stay out if sight.

Once you get there, continue moving. Some troops will move in on the location, and you're just one and they are many. Stay out of sight, and try to predict where they'll be so you can stay out of their way.

Eventually, a chopper will land near the extraction point. Move to it as fast as possible, without making yourself a very obvious target, of course.

And that's it. :)

Cheers

Thanks for that explanation; this is way outside the scope of what I thought was expected, I'll try it again and hopefully it'll less confusing for me.