Sign in to follow this  
KEVINMGXP

SP/MP Missions by KBourne

Day Of Days.

Type: Single Player

Game Version: Iron Front 1.02

Mission version: Beta v0.30

Installation: Put Day%20Of%20Days.Staszow.ifa in to your Iron Front missions root folder.

Download:

http://www.2shared.com/file/ieYKFbRx/Day20Of20DaysStaszow.html

Mission Description:

Germans are hitting our supply roots and troop movement with 105mm Battery fire. We need to take those guns out as swift as possible.

Story line: Winters after action report

This mission is based upon a real skirmisher, on the 6th of June 1944 Lt. Winters ( From E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th PIR, 101st AD) had no time for a reconnaissance, but from his initial observation he decided that there were several guns, manned and defended by probably at least 60 men, and that the guns were well dug in and camouflaged, German forces included a number of paratroopers from the German 6th Parachute Regiment. A frontal attack to this positions with only thirteen men could not succeed however LT. Winters plan was to concentrate a double envelopment attack on one gun, the one on the German left flank, and after capturing it to hit the other guns, one by one, on their open left flanks.

I tried to blend the mission in to fit the Eastern front, The mission contains a lot of object placement where I tried to create a similar environment as on D-DAY, ..

Scripting by SaOk:

- Cannon script

- RandomTrench script

- RandomPatrol script

Third party scripts:

- Fog script from unknown author

Needs to be don:

* Need to add German Radio Chatter on the German HQ

* Needs to add a CO Multi-player Version ...

Needs to be fixed:

Animation loop does not stop when you shoot commander at German HQ

Known issues:

[highlight]Performance drop on some trenches, for now this issue is reduced after repositioning the trenches again however it is advices to play this mission on lower settings to make it bearable.[/highlight]

X1-AWAR Development promised to look in to this issue and tune up the overall performance on the trenches..

Credits and Thanks:

SaOk for being so understanding and patient to answer all my questions and the help he gave with his scripts, without him this mission will probably never have existed!

Change log: Beta v0.30

• Moved trenches positions to improve the overall performance of the mission
  • Changed Loading screen
  • Changed Overview screen
  • Added various animations to the POW's at the players command post
  • Added objects for more cover options to the player

Change log: Beta v0.20

• Fixed trees in trenches, player got stuck at certain points.
  • Fixed Cammo nets to low, trenches where at certain points not accessible.
  • Changed date and time to fit the scenario better
  • Added Medic as requested
  • Added First aid module
  • Added briefing at start
  • Added Weapon load out at mission start
  • Added environmental effects Fog script, you will need to take more time to aim
  • Added 5 Playable characters which adds more variation.
  • Added some animations to the prisoners at start

[highlight]Mission still needs improvement as it is my first full fledged mission ever released so this mission might need overall fine tuning.[/highlight]

Kind regards

Edited by KBourne
Updated link + change log added

Hello KBourne,

...holy moly...what a mission...

I will give you a first impression, better a feedback, knowing this is beta.

At first: Great job! The mission is what it is ...a very hard battle, but you can be the winner if you act like a trained soldier :)

Good ambience (smoking tanks, russian patrols, the battlesound, weather) it hought i be at war and a good "ingame" feeling, thats for sure.

And as you wrote it will be improved much more.

What is anoying to me:The german trenches, because i stick always at the camouflage nets, there are trees in the trenches and i can´t move on...(i died, ´cause this happens;) ) but these are little things to fix, i guess?!

...and please add a medic i missed him... ;)

But as a preliminary result you did a great job so far, thats for sure.

I´m pleased if you will release the complete mission.

Thanks alot!

Cheers

McLupo

Edited by McLupo

I will give you a first impression, better a feedback, knowing this is beta.

Feedback is always welcome, in fact it is needed as it is my first release ever on the VR engine, Ive being playing around already for the past 10 years but never came to a release a full fledged missions like this.

I have a lot to thank to SaOk for that ...

The mission is what it is ...a very hard battle, but you can be the winner if you act like a trained soldier :)

Very nice to hear this one, as it was my initial goal to meat this standard at least :)

Good ambience (smoking tanks, russian patrols, the battlesound, weather) it hought i be at war and a good "ingame" feeling, thats for sure.

And as you wrote it will be improved much more.

Indeed this needs to be improved, I am kinda stuck at this part because I do not have animation lists and syntaxes to give this part a more complete feeling, I would like to add some AI Guards who are acting more natural at the

POW's, Some POW need to sit down have some conversation such things like when the player passes these character that it gives a more natural feel ...

What is anoying to me:The german trenches, because i stick always at the camouflage nets, there are trees in the trenches and i can´t move on...(i died, ´cause this happens;) ) but these are little things to fix, i guess?!

I know and I am fixing this part with the next update as it annoys me in the same way on curtain points... although I want to try to keep the same setup so I might put the cammo nets a bit higher and slightly move the scenery a bit so the trees are not placed in those trenches.

besides that I will add some hint triggers so the player has a little more direction, also a coop will be added because I think this setting will be a great team based scenario to do ... also some German radio chatter which will include some grid references in the background and such at the com center of the enemy trenches. Date will also be fixed but these things are just minor details ... Also I will see that I can add 2 or 3 heals which you also can use on other character with some sort of a healing script if I can find one :)

But as a preliminary result you did a great job so far, thats for sure.

This is great to hear especially because it is my first mission, I will try to fine tune the mission in the future a little better so the overall game play will be improved, thanks for the kind words.

Kind regards

Edited by KBourne

Link updated + change log added

enjoy the mission

Kind regards

Hi KBourne,

it´s me again. :)

Thanks for the great improvement, because the mission is much more better than the first beta i played.

The trenches are now good for a "quick capture attack", nothing where i got stuck..., it helps alot for a much better gameplay.

Also the camo nets are fixed - good work, mate!

The atmosphere is totally changed by the wheather conditions and the fog - a great idea - very immersive, in my opinion.

The different characters i could play, are very good for the tactic.

Also the weapon load out helps alot.

And at least a big thank you for the "well trained" medic...;)

It´s a new mission... much more fun, better gameplay and a very good mission design!

Thanks alot for doing a great job.

Best regards

McLupo

Thanks for the great feedback, the mission still need some fine tuning e.g. German officers animations needs to be halted when you shoot them, minor things nothing to large need to be added and I still need to make a coop version for it

Kind regards

Hello KBourne,

thanks for your great mission and as a result - a preview for your eyes only...:cool:

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=forumsthread&threadid=1156&entries=0#post9345

Thanks and keep it up your good work for the community!

Cheers

McLupo

Thanks for such a nice interview, too.

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=forumsthread&threadid=1157&entries=0#post9347

Edited by McLupo
Add a link

Thanks for the nice preview and the interview..

kind regards

I'm playing the mission, very nice sofar, one needs to think before any action, exactly what's needed in this game. Congrats !