Sign in to follow this  
Huscurian

CfgIdentities - Female Faces?

Hello,

I'm just working on a simple CfgIdentities list through the Description.ext. Just a simple piece of work while I just tinker with the mission editor. I have several questions. To be honest, I have tried the search function within this forum and it sucks. I don't mean to be very rude but I think the search function handles its searches differently than I am used to googling, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong... Now back on topic.

I have several females I have in idea for the CfgIdentities because I'm brainstorming about a mission. The problem is that the CfgIdentities that included the Faces here are all male! Here's a working part of the Description.ext file:

class Jana //Main Character, Thread #3
{
	name="Jana Soderbosch";
	face="";
	glasses="none";
	speaker="";
	pitch=;
};

I want Jana Soderbosch to potentially have a beautiful face, wear civilian clothes (preferably a nice jacket with tight fitting blue jeans) and in her unit configuration (which I'll sort out myself) she carries a silenced handgun, several gadgets, and a radio. Now that I've explained a part about Jana, my question is, where are the female faces?

Secondly, is it possible to make Jana a soldier with a female face just to briefly detail her storyline before diving right into her civvies? Or is that not feasible? Are there any existing mods that may help serve this character?

Another question...

Suppose that I have chosen a Western Functionary. He is the President and I've decided to add a particular character from the CfgIdentities. I MUST choose the Functionary from the Editor via ArmA 2, plop him right onto the editor, name him FunctionaryROC, and put in the init field as: _FunctionaryROC setidentity Firebird;, click OK. Would this enable the character I've selected to adopt the class that was written in the description.ext file? I just want to make sure that I have a clear cut understanding of what works, what doesn't.

To be honest, we do need to add females into the game for a variety of reasons, and let's not forget it could add spice to a mission! Not that kind of spice, the kind of spice where the mission lends to itself a certain authenticity, for instance storyline progression, background information, or mutual understanding of other characters...

Check these female soldiers out for inspiration: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?108299-Female-Soldier-(beta-wip)

I use this addon all the time to add female combatants into missions.

Greatly appreciated, tpw! :)

I will for sure be downloading that mod! :)

I have a problem. I used a female Damsel in the Editor to test her out, removed weapons then added something. Just for kicks a machine pistol. Turns out she won't move faster and I think, in regards to a certain topic, the female civilians are not ALLOWED to carry guns. Weird that female civvies do not have the proper anims that male civvies do!

Wasn't there a SLX mod of female civilians carrying guns? Is there any other mod for A2 that enables that?

That soldier mod you just linked me will help me with some of the ideas that I've been brainstorming!

Female civvies can't carry guns because they are rigged to a different skeleton than men, and can't use the same animations. If BI were to release the female models for general use, maybe they could be rigged to the male skeleton. I don't know much about rigging, though. Also, what is SLX?

Let me paraphrase again the topic of the thread I created: in CfgIdentities, I need to find a way to enable the faces, speakers, pitch, and more to show up the characters in-game via the editor before packing the mission as .pbo. I am having current problems with CfgIdentities as I have coded my own personal description.ext containing classes, names, faces, though the majority of description.ext has been incomplete. My path directory to accessing the Editor via ArmA 2 is Documents\ArmA 2\Missions\. I can copy and paste my recent code on here, if needed; my original question was how to display female faces but since I have tried to create a Hunter Coleman using a functionary set for the West Side, his name has always been Vadim Kropacek though I have not been able to change his name. I was trying to utilize the description.ext using a testing map called "Cole.Test.Chernarus" and typed in exactly this: this set identity "Hunter_Coleman". To no avail, Vadim Kropacek's original name did not disappear. It still retained its parent authority!

Any suggestions on how to solve this? If the problem was because I put in too much names, I may have to change it. The name_surname ident that I created for class Hunter_Coleman was "Hunter Tipton XII Coleman". Was the problem because of me adding too much names or did the setidentity REQUIRE only two names?

Though I may add Jana Soderbosch to her parent thread (yes, a storyline of her own), I still have yet to solve the problem regarding how to change the name in the editor.

Anyway, aside from all that, to your statement, steggieav.

Female civvies can't carry guns because they are rigged to a different skeleton than men, and can't use the same animations. If BI were to release the female models for general use, maybe they could be rigged to the male skeleton. I don't know much about rigging, though. Also, what is SLX?

That's the idea I had the other day. Why not utilize 3dsMax to create a female model, rig the female model using the male skeleton, and then export the file and use whatever tools are necessary to texture, create, and add the female with her capabilities (such as primary & secondary weapons, accessories, etc.) and even enable her to carry a bagpack if needed be. Just how illegal is this to do it? Is this necessary? Sure, it will take months of work to make sure the female model created in 3dsMax becomes functional, but it is really important that if we cannot use the BIS models to enable the missing animations for the females, we should proceed with creating "personal" models that would be uploaded and given freely to anyone who wishes to use female civilians that can shoot firearms, do more than just walk around, etc.

Rigging would require a male skeleton, and potentially a created female model in 3dsMax. I'm sure that there are people here who are using it and are more proficient with it. I am learning on that program but nowhere that proficient to create a female model though I'd love to try! I just want to start something simple: a bat, bike, etc. Then go from there. The female/male models, along with vehicles, houses, are the more complex part of 3dsMax and should be for advanced users!

SLX? I just thought of a mod since the OFP days where someone created an SLX mod that involved beautiful women who were capable of carrying guns, shooting left and right, and doing more like men. I am not so sure if the SLX mod does exist, or if I am thinking of another one but that's why I mentioned it. Not sure if anyone remembers that SLX mod from the OFP days.

Edited by Huscurian
added answer for SLX