Sign in to follow this  
cross888

Missing units in editor?

Hey guys i was just playing the opening missions of the German Campaign and noticed a transport aircraft. I then went in to editor to make a small mission and noticed that a good majority of the units were not present and there is also nothing in the "independent" category.

Any ideas troops?

config-wise units have 3 levels where one is available for use in editor and the others are for config-inheritance pretty much.

The Li-2 is "protected" so you're not able to use it in editor but if you know some basic scripting you can create it as createVehicle["LIB_li2",pos,[],0,"FLY"].

This is common with WIP units.

I'm using it in my Swift Visit II (red army version only) mission

the recruits in the first german mission is also missing in the editor if you also talk about them and the oberst in the 7th so that made me wonder but it is in the init.sqf that it i's customizable.

_uniform =

{

_man = _this;

{_man setObjectTexture [((getArray (configFile/"cfgVehicles"/(typeOf player)/"hiddenSelections")) find _x),""]} foreach

[

"eqip_bag",

"eqip_cantin",

"eqip_cape",

"eqip_gas_bag",

"eqip_kar_mags_left",

"eqip_kar_mags_right",

"eqip_knife",

"eqip_meskit",

"eqip_shovel",

"eqip_sheath",

"eqip_tank_crew_cap"

];

_man setObjectTexture [((getArray (configFile/"cfgVehicles"/(typeOf _man)/"hiddenSelections")) find "eqip_helmet"),"LIB\LIB_ger_infantry\data\ger_eqipment_2_co.paa"];

};

{_x spawn _uniform; removeBackpack _x} foreach

[

p1,

p2,

p3,

p4,

p5,

p6,

p7,

p8

];

this is used in the first mission you can change many of the variable and get your own units.

fx.

{rif1 setObjectTexture [((getArray (configFile/"cfgVehicles"/(typeOf rif1)/"hiddenSelections")) find _x),""]} foreach

[

"eqip_bag",

"eqip_cantin",

"eqip_cape",

"eqip_gas_bag",

"eqip_kar_mags_left",

"eqip_kar_mags_right",

"eqip_knife",

"eqip_meskit",

"eqip_shovel",

"eqip_sheath",

"eqip_tank_crew_cap"

];

rif1 setObjectTexture [((getArray (configFile/"cfgVehicles"/(typeOf rif1)/"hiddenSelections")) find "eqip_tank_crew_cap"),"LIB\LIB_ger_infantry\data\ger_eqipment_5_co.paa"];

};

P.s. it works best with the unequipped solider. what i know so far other units is a bit more triggy but it is possible. but if you find anyone els plz let me know :P

Edited by astast

Are they going to fix this so the less armaliterate troops like myself can just simply click and place through the UI in the Editor?

I dont know i'm a noob in the editor too. :D you could ask them on their forum?

or send them a mail or something.

but i dont think they do cuz the unit is not a spefic unit or it is but the change that you make with this script is just removing some textures from the unit and there by making the element fx. a bag invisible

Edited by astast

hi im bit of a noob at this but speaking of editing is it possible to create a waffen ss officer (black uniform) ????