Sign in to follow this  
Rookie96

Unable to join game server

Hi all,

Having some trouble with getting on to a server on ArmA 2. There are two servers, and I am able to join the one designated "LMC-1" but not the server designated "LMC-2". When I attempt to join LMC-2, I reach the lobby where one would select Blufor / Independant but cannot select either. It is just greyed out. If anyone could help with this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

LOL Rookie...

I think it's a server issue coz I now have a similar problem, I try to join the server but it says I use modified files and auto-bans me..

I need a solution for this problem quick..

I also can't reinstall Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA with Steam after I uninstalled them.

And I'm talking about the same server as he is, we're from the same clan..

Edited by Aradmel

Hi guys, welcome to BIS forums.

What you will need to find out is what addons, and mods the server is using for the mission that it is running.

To find this out look at the window in the server list when you click on the server, what @mods ect,. do you see there, can you psot a screenshot if possible?

also what color is the dot on the very far left of the server?

Thanks for the reply Günter.

The server doesn't run any mods. It is just a custom scenario with some heavy scripting.

There are 2 identical servers and I am only able to join 1.

Your welcome.

You guys rent these servers?

and if so can you post the server's RPT or log file.

Server RPT should give you an idea of what the problem is.

also check your RPt for the game itself on your end (client).

also again, lol whats the server name I'd like to see it.

We dont rent the servers, I believe they are hosted off the owner of our group/clan's computer. Server is in ArmA2 filter on LMC. Not arrowhead lol so dont get confused :p.

Ok, If the owner who is hosting, ask them to get their RPT from the game and post it here.

Rpt will to you almost everything about whats going on what version of game, mods, errors, missions, ect,.

Rpt can be found-->http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/RPT

Now when you are joining this server you guys said a custom mission,

is it a mission from the community here or is a mission one of you or clan members built?

Also this may be mission related not so much anything on your guy's end.

For the color of the circles on the servers lists in mp, this is what they mean:

The "green" circle means you should be able to enter the server with no trouble.

The "orange" w/Question Mark symbol means that you are not running the exact same mods as the server in question, and may -or may not- be able to enter.

The "black" w/key symbol means that it is a password protected server, which may -or may not- be found on either their web-site or TS/Vent server.

The "red" X symbol means that your game version does not match that of the servers.

what color do you guys have, you should see this color circle when you go to mp and then get on the internet and find your server through the lists of servers.

Lastly if it may help here is a guide:

New to Multiplayer? (Read this guide)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?93078-New-to-Multiplayer-%28Read-this-guide%29

it may or may not apply to you guys but check it out and see if it can help you.

all for now, I'll check back later.

Ill ask the server owner to get the RPT, its a green circle when joining. After about 30 seconds i lost connection to host. Still able to play on the exact same map on their other server... The mod in use is Chernarus Life Rpg