Sign in to follow this  
WhoCares

The worldcup 2002

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mora2 @ June 22 2002,11:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yes he made Holland 4th in Frnace....but nothing more...)<span id='postcolor'>

Mate, i would think that was a pretty good achievement in itself, given the level of international competition. smile.gif

LMAO! Turkey-Senegal 1-0.

I would like everybody now to look at the current results of our little poll wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mora2 @ June 22 2002,11:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hiddink was fired from Real Madrid becasue he is the poorest coach a BIG TEAM can get....(yes he made Holland 4th in Frnace....but nothing more...)<span id='postcolor'>

boy..he sure got his revenge... biggrin.gif

Spain should've won, Morientes' golden goal shouldn't have been disallowed. This is a dark day for football and i have to conclude that some of the officials are indeed corrupt pieces of shite sad.gif I hope Spain complain enough (like they should) to get the linesman killed, or at least sacked and banned from football forever.

Bwah, stop complaining. Moronic refs are a part of the fun with the game. If everything in football went falwlessly it would be a boring game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ June 22 2002,20:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bwah, stop complaining. Moronic refs are a part of the fun with the game. If everything in football went falwlessly it would be a boring game.<span id='postcolor'>

When i see Italy getting goals disallowed, i will laugh at them, admittedly, no matter how stupid the reason. However, spain are a great team since they don't really dive a lot (except mendieta, but he plays in the italian league). I wanted them to go through because of this and yet they didn't because the linesman made an incredibly stupid decision (and video evidence suggests he waved the flag ages after the ball was taken away from the line). I think stupid ref decisions are indeed a good part of the game, but there was nothing remotely funny about this decision, in fact it was a pretty upsetting decision confused.gif

Well, it brought a laugh on my face (as being for the only Dutch guy in the WC):

Hi-Ding-Gu! Hi-Ding-Gu! Hi-Ding-Gu! Hi-Ding-Gu! Hi-Ding-Gu! Hi-Ding-Gu! Hi-Ding-Gu! Hi-Ding-Gu! Hi-Ding-Gu! Hi-Ding-Gu! (Hiddink in Korean)

27 of the 49 votes in this poll are on teams that didn't make the semi-finals. And 0 on Turkey, which did make it.  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

I thought it was incredibly funny the ball was ruled to have gone out, it's great Spain lost and it's great South Korea are through, I hope they thrash Germany and then beat Brazil in the final smile.gif

"I thought it was incredibly funny the ball was ruled to have gone out, it's great Spain lost and it's great South Korea are through, I hope they thrash Germany and then beat Brazil in the final "

So...you agree with corruption??

Do you think South Corea should win at all costs?

I´m a little bit lit up with all this but.... (better be carefull or they´ll ban me)

yeah yeah yeah...whatever.

up until this WC, many non-EU countries compained of bias. funny to see the table turned.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mora2 @ June 23 2002,04:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So...you agree with corruption??<span id='postcolor'>

This has nothing to do with corruption in any way.

One mistake was made for calling the ball out when it was't, well shit happens. And the referee blew his wissle before the upcomming goal was scored, so this isn't even a disallowed goal since the goalkeeper stopt keeping after the wissle.

The first goal was disallowed corect, since there was shirt en pants pulling involved.

I thibk its pretty good what the koreans have atchived, but its because of hiddink (he's dutch you see).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mora2 @ June 23 2002,03:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So...you agree with corruption??

Do you think South Corea should win at all costs?

I´m a little bit lit up with all this but.... (better be carefull or they´ll ban me)<span id='postcolor'>

As was said above it wasn't corruption, it was human error, the linesman was behind play, thus from his angle the ball could easily have looked out.

Korea shouldn't win at all costs no, but they do play to win, unlike teams such as Spain, Italy, Portugal, France etc. who played with arrogance and cynicism, wandered around the pitch acting as if they were so great that they only needed to turn up to get a goal, and then cheating when it suited them to try and get something, then when things went against them they blamed everything and everyone else but themselves, well good riddance.

South Korea have played every game with passion, with purpose, with commitment, with skill, they play completely honestly, if they think they have been fouled they appeal, if the ref says no they get up and get on with the game, extremely refreshing, also the South Korean fans have been completely amazing, I would say for atmosphere alone this is the best world cup I've witnessed smile.gif

As for you being lit up, well that means you have passion, that's a good thing, as long as that passion is reflected in the right way there will never be a problem smile.gif

"The first goal was disallowed corect, since there was shirt en pants pulling involved."

Shirts involved?confused.gif?confused.gif The only players who jumped clean where the spanish ones...for godness sake...have you seen the match?

It was constant and clear how the referee was with coreans.

And if you don´t want to see corruption in this then you are blind....

By the way...Corea hasn´t,has not and will never be better than Spain...yesterday there was no moment where the coreans where playing better.

C´mon.....two legal goals ,one offside,and a penalty....even the yanks have suffered aginst them in their group...if the sweden referee Urs Meier didn´t invent that penalyt they would have lost their match....

Blatter want´s Corea to got to the final that´s obvious...

If I were Spanish then perhaps I too would feel hard done by.

Or perhaps I would think that if Spain had actually tried harder they could have scored a few goals and not have to worry about a couple that got whiped out smile.gif

We are underdogs and we want to stay it! Now they call us "three times world champions" again so they can better bash us. I AM SO FUCKING FED UP WITH THE ENGLISH PRESS!!! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

I dont care if we deserved to win or not! But damm hell leave us watch the matches in peace. Noone here is arrogant about the fact that we beat the US. Our team sucks, we know that. Even damm BBC starts with the old prejudice again!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ June 23 2002,15:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We are underdogs and we want to stay it! Now they call us "three times world champions" again so they can better bash us. I AM SO FUCKING FED UP WITH THE ENGLISH PRESS!!!  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

I dont care if we deserved to win or not! But damm hell leave us watch the matches in peace. Noone here is arrogant about the fact that we beat the US. Our team sucks, we know that. Even damm BBC starts with the old prejudice again!!!<span id='postcolor'>

I dunno what kind of press you've seen, but i was reading a few Tabloids (especially the mirror) that were 150% wanting the germans to win by any means neccessary, mainly due to the americans being dickheads and whinging about how the world all loves football but no one likes their own backwards sports. At least, every brit i know here in germany wanted the germans to win. I would've preferred the french to win again rather than the americans getting further confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ June 23 2002,14:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I were Spanish then perhaps I too would feel hard done by.

Or perhaps I would think that if Spain had actually tried harder they could have scored a few goals and not have to worry about a couple that got whiped out smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

the spanish always try hard and play well, often dominating their opponents for huge periods of the match. In the process they score shedloads of goals. Its just they get disallowed a lot and in the end they get fucked. Just look at irelands ''glorious'' loss in penalties to spain.

The fact remains because of one stupid little mistake by the linesman, spain are now out of the world cup. Evidence suggests that the linesman was corrupt or just fucking stupid since he flagged well after the ball was cleared from the line. Spain should have won, Korea should out. Whats more, no matter how hard korea played, spain played miles better and therefore deserved to win.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruud van Nistelrooy @ June 23 2002,16:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">At least, every brit i know here in germany wanted the germans to win.<span id='postcolor'>

I certainly didn't want Germany to win, I wanted the USA to win, and felt they very much deserved to win, USA should have had a penalty for that hand ball on the line, and despite that a decent goal keeping display was the only thing that stopped Germany from getting a sound beating smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ June 23 2002,18:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruud van Nistelrooy @ June 23 2002,16:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">At least, every brit i know here in germany wanted the germans to win.<span id='postcolor'>

I certainly didn't want Germany to win, I wanted the USA to win, and felt they very much deserved to win, USA should have had a penalty for that hand ball on the line, and despite that a decent goal keeping display was the only thing that stopped Germany from getting a sound beating smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

last thing i'd want is the yanks to come gate crashing on ''soccer''. It'd lower the tone of the entire sport.

Hmm no personally I think emerging nations getting into football and getting better at it is a great thing. I wanted USA to do well in 94, same as I wanted Japan/South Korea and to some extent China to do well this time, unfortunately it wasn't to be for China but Japan and South Korea have done really well.

As for the tone of football being lowered, well we've done a good job ourselves of that over the last few years, insane wages, insane tv contracts, cheating players, corruption scandals, hooliganism, and on and on.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ June 23 2002,18:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm no personally I think emerging nations getting into football and getting better at it is a great thing. I wanted USA to do well in 94, same as I wanted Japan/South Korea and to some extent China to do well this time, unfortunately it wasn't to be for China but Japan and South Korea have done really well.

As for the tone of football being lowered, well we've done a good job ourselves of that over the last few years, insane wages, insane tv contracts, cheating players, corruption scandals, hooliganism, and on and on.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm all for China, Africa, S.Korea etc... getting into football, thats a great thing. Its just with the yanks they'll want to take the whole thing over if they ever develop a mass liking to it (which, as the evidence suggests, they never will - ''We'll get into their (as in the worlds) pathetic soccer game if and when we win the thing'' - some american journalist on the world cup and football generally (the real football that is)). So if they ever do get into it, they'll invest billions into it - american league gets all the best players - everyone has to watch american league....

and etc...

The fact that they have forever been so willing to slag off football is enough reason not to want them in it.

The comments they made about winning against portugal (who cares if we beat portugal, america is better at portugal than everything) also suggest they would bring some negative things to the sport.