Sign in to follow this  
kirkherbstreit

Simple Support Module - pulling my hair out

I've noticed complaints about the SSM air strike not working with 1.6 beta. I thought updating to the full 1.6 would solve this problem but I guess not. Is there any script or ANYTHING that can make the air strike portion of the simple support module work? Right now all that seems to happen is either A) A-10 shows up, doesn't even bother to fly in the vicinity of the target, then gets shot down, or B) no A-10 shows up at all.

For what it's worth, I've also been mainly using the laser designator while using SSM, but the same issues persist no matter what targeting method I use.

Would changing the aircraft/payload fix anything? Would writing anything in the init field fix anything? Is there ANYTHING that can be done?

hey I have not used this SSM air strike but there are multiple different ones that you can use from the community if that is not working. Have you tryed to change any codeline in the script or any other script in your mission? Have you tryed to use it in a different mission to see if it works? Scripts are funny at times, one change can make it not work. You should always have a backup of the script in a folder before you put it into a mission or edit the script. Try to uninstall and reinstall the script to your mission. Hope you can find the reason and lets us know (: PS welcome to the forum.

What community mods do this? Are they as easy to use as SSM?

EDIT: UGH I feel like I've tried everything. Even switched the A-10 to an F-35, gave it cruise missiles in the init field...nothing. Does BIS know how this works or is it just a massive waste of everyone's time? Feels like the latter.

Edited by kirkherbstreit

I had same problem but never used any beta patches,now installed only the ARMA 2: OA beta build 92767 and now simple support module for me works great, never had one failure yet calling in air strike, A10 comes in destroys target, im using US army FAC guy,on any map good luck kirkherbstreit.

I had same problem but never used any beta patches,now installed only the ARMA 2: OA beta build 92767 and now simple support module for me works great, never had one failure yet calling in air strike, A10 comes in destroys target, im using US army FAC guy,on any map good luck kirkherbstreit.

Beta build 92767 - so I take it you don't use patch 1.60? Are you using any addons/mods as well?

Tried with build 92767, didn't work, big surprise.

If anyone would like to try to replicate this, all I'm doing is going into the editor and 1.) placing a player unit as a forward air controller, 2.) placing an OPFOR tank some distance away, 3.) placing the Simple Support Module somewhere on the map, then going into the mission, looking at the tank with the laser designator, requesting an air strike through the Communication menu, and waiting. Sometimes the A-10 shows up and does nothing, sometimes I can hear the sound of the A-10 in the distance but it never shows up. All other support options work.

Hey Kirk when you are done fooling around just DL this from armaholic and have fun.

LaserTarget Airstrike by Palyarmerc

Description:

Using a BAF Joint Terminal Attack Controller Unit call in an Airstrike using your laser designator.

An AI plane will spawn and drop the bombs for you.

Installation:

It comes with a mission as a demo version. Extract the folder to your ArmA2\other Profiles\Yournick\Missions and load it in the editor.

Yes i am patched up to 1.60 and only other thing i have is ARMA 2: OA beta build 92767 none of the other betas are installed, tried again this morning 6 times on all maps A10 comes in an destroys target,i myself cannot understand it because i always had the same problem as you are having,i love calling in airstrikes hope somehow it works for you asap,good luck.Ps i have no arma mods on my pc.