Sign in to follow this  
CapitanStratos

Searching a randomization and a helo taxi mods.

Want to know If OFP/ArmA Cold War Assault, have mods that let you do that.

- Randomize the enmies in a given (player designed) area. I will explain. You enter the editor, design an area (square or circle or wathever) and the type and number of enemies that can or cannot be there. Every time you play the mission, the game randomize the presence and number of the enemies in that area.

- Start a mission call a chopper (with AI pilot) to fly to my position, land and pick me and my team up. Then I should mark a position in the map, the chopper wil fly there, land, let us go down and take off again. Once I finished, I can recall the enemy chopper and he will fly back to my new position, land, let us board it and I will design a new are to land. A kind of Helo taxi. Possible?

Hope someone can help. Thanks

Want to know If OFP/ArmA Cold War Assault, have mods that let you do that.

- Randomize the enmies in a given (player designed) area. I will explain. You enter the editor, design an area (square or circle or wathever) and the type and number of enemies that can or cannot be there. Every time you play the mission, the game randomize the presence and number of the enemies in that area.

I don't know if you're aware of that, but you can achieve what you're asking without any scripting. Just tweaking some stuff in the editor will give you the desired result.

When you create a unit you can set its chance of appearance and its placement radius. You can modify that in the "Probability of presence" (left is 0% and right is 100% chance) and "Placement radius". All this can be found in the properties window of every unit. There you can also find "Condition of presence", which allows you, for instance, to check for global variables in order to determine if that unit should appear or not.

The only caveat is that AFAIK you have to do that with all the units in a group. But if you plan to use several squads of the same type then you just need to edit one and then copy/paste the rest.

More info here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Mission_Editor:_Units

- Start a mission call a chopper (with AI pilot) to fly to my position, land and pick me and my team up. Then I should mark a position in the map, the chopper wil fly there, land, let us go down and take off again. Once I finished, I can recall the enemy chopper and he will fly back to my new position, land, let us board it and I will design a new are to land. A kind of Helo taxi. Possible?

There's various scripts around that offer that. One of my favorites is Find LZ, by Raptosaurus. What makes it unique is that it automatically picks the best landing area based on the proximity of enemies and terrain (so it doesn't land on forests, etc). The choppers using this system will also land quicker and more precisely than in vanilla.

But, as I've said, there's a lot of those type of scripts. Do a search in OFPEC for "chopper","helicopter", "landing", etc and you'll see by yourself.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma cold war assault\

Or a variation of that.

BTW, OFP/CWA is one of the few Steam games that you can run without starting the Steam client first. That means that after you install the game you can move it to wherever you want and the game will work without problems (and without the hassle of going through Steam every time you want to play it).