Sign in to follow this  
JohnJJr

Collective reversed-any ideas?

Could someone please help me.

I just installed TOH and immediately loaded patch 1.04 "cougar" bringing me to version 1.04.90137

I have a flight link set of helicopter controls. I'm running with Win7 home, but I'm having these problems.When configuring the controller under customizable controllers "Flight Link helicopter controls" is listed but I have to press "disable" to have all the flight link axis as "live" (in white) options when mapping using controller schemes. When pressing "enable" the flight link axis options are all grayed out and I can't use them. Also the z axis options are reversed--for collective raise, I only have a "flight link Z axis-" option and for collective lower, I only have a "flight link Z axis+" option so as it's now configured to decrease altitute I have to raise the collective and to increase altitute I have to lower collective--backwards and very hard to fly. This is a very beautiful game and I'm exciteted about trying it out on my system. I'm hoping there is a work around or fix for this. Perhaps you can address this in an upcoming patch. Until then I can't really fly the helicopters. I'm sorry but I've already posted this in the trouble shooting forum and I'm not getting any response--it's been a couple of days. Can anyone please offer any ideas?

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

John

Hi there, the first odd thing is why you would have to disable the controller. Would you be able to post some screengrabs of the various controller menus, for us to understand exactly what is going on? We used Flight Link controls at several expos with great success (I personally loved flying using this setup). If you were able to change your axes, you could quite easily change around the collective.

Thanks for the pictures! The last 2 look like the controller is enabled actually, which is why the button reads Disable.

In that enabled state, can you try to click on the action Collective raise (analogue). This will allow you to re-map this action to something else. If you'd like this to be your Flight Link collective, simply move it in the way you want to map it. Once the game lists the correct Z-axis movement, confirm it and do the same for Collective lower (analogue). You now have Flight Link Z Axis- and Flight Link Z Axis+ mapped, so you can just exchange them :)