Sign in to follow this  
KenNitro

Adding vehicles without crew inside?

I'm just playing around with the editor creating myself a little vehicle training map (and having lots of fun in the process I might add)

When I place more than one chopper and test, there's a crew inside so I can't use them, and I'm just put into the first chopper I placed.

I've tried different options in the object properties dialog but I can't get rid of the crews so I can fly myself.

I did search, but ehh, didn't quite know what to search for so it didn't bring up anything useful.

btw, have anyone created something like a "editing for dummies" tutorial that takes you through basic editing tasks, placing things, making things work step by step?

I'm sure this is not the only obstacle I'm gonna run into so having some kind of step by step tutorial would be better than me littering the forums with stupid questions :D

here is a very good video

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133861-Full-Mission-Editor-video-tutorial-series

for your specific problem

Place a UNIT first this will auto be player ,useblufor or whichever pilot

a new selection is available now called EMPTY when you click on map again you can place empty > helo and climb in wher you like

Ahh, I was looking for something like that in the other option dropdowns, never occurred to me that it would be in the "Side" dropdown.

Great link, off to study..