Sign in to follow this  
Vir

Pb=tug?

In a mission im making your the gunner of a PB, and you do a lot of shooting... so you frequently run out of ammo before you leave the boat. problem is that I put an LST in as background, now if you get under 100 ammo Captain Winky decides to rearm at the LST and ends up pushing it onto the beach. I need to know how to either make it so he cant rearm at the LST, or make it so the LST wont move if he rams it like a moron.

I gave it 0 ammo and 0 fuel using the slider in the add unit window but that didnt work.

Any help would be appreciated

You could try putting clearMagazineCargo this in the init string of the LST. Hopefully this will stop him from rearming.

The comref is very useful... have a look at this:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">vehicle setAmmoCargo ammoCargo

Operand types:

vehicle: Object

ammoCargo: Number

Type of returned value:

None

Description:

Set ammount or ammo resources in cargo space of repair vehicle. Ammo resource are used to resupply vehicles. Soldiers use individual magazines instead. Ammount one is full cargo.

Example:

rearmTruckOne setAmmoCargo 0

<span id='postcolor'>

I think that should work if the sucker realizes that the LST has no ammo..

Doesnt work... he still pushes it along, except now he beaches the PB because its not rearmed yet... confused.gif

better idea...

Problems with re-loading? simply make it so you have enough ammo so you dont have to re-load.

Put this addmagazine "browning" in the init field of the boat a few times and you should be a lot better. One magazine is 500 rounds, so three of those on top of what you start with would make 2000 rounds. it will show as 500 rounds with 3 mags left over, but funny thing is, you never have to manually re-load - it just keeps going.

I tried InqWiper's suggestion and it seemed to work for me. Just type this setAmmoCargo 0 in the init string of the LST and the PB driver can't rearm at the LST anymore.

Haven't tried Aculaud's suggestion but it should work as I've seen it used before, as long as you don't run out of ammo of course.