Sign in to follow this  
b1944

Missing textures

Hi everyone

I have four computers in our office. Two of them have XP professional 32 bit and HD 4670 (with the latest driver). I do not remember exactly the other specs of the systems but I can post them if necessary (Athlon II x2 250, some low-end MSI mobo and 2 gigs of good RAM in each, the two systems are almost identical).

I am using Arma 2 CO, the problem: sometimes object textures are missing. For example, a car comes but it is invisible, only the driver is floating in the air. Or satchel charges are placed on the ground but they are invisible, etc.

Pressing alt+tab always solves the problem.

I tried to use different video settings, turning vsync on and off, changing video memory, etc. without any improvement.

I never experience anything like that under Win7.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve the problem?

Thank you

So, I've been researching how to fix my problem. It appears mine is exactly like the above users.

Objects get loaded into the game (the Armory in my case) but only through rare and seemingly random instances can I see them. Sometimes zooming in will display the object correctly for a split second before it's gone again. Houses, crates, I can't imagine what else isn't showing up.

So... go-go-gadget revive thread!

With five different "games" to open in steam to begin playing, I'm not sure which one I should use. Appearently to FULLY install the game, I had to open them in some kind of super secret order.... Thats kind of...I don't like that... No bueno.

Anyway, I've finished installing the base game, the four DLC packs, and some kind of beta program, which seems completely unneccessary since I thought I was buying a full and finished release. But oh well. I wouldn't mind, if I could actually see the things I'm supposed to interact with to actually play the game =(

I'm really kinda sad to see the above users post all alone here with no one helping. And not just that, but all alone for over a year. Lost in the mountain of people having fun with games that I assume aren't all amputated.

So this is my note to the generation that comes after I'm dead and gone. Other gamers were here before you, and the problem was still here.

This is our legacy...forum posts...:j:

EDIT: I've found a list of missing objects, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with the list as it doesn't quite say why the list was made in the first place other than to record the things that weren't visible. Maybe I'm using the keyboard wrong. Or mouse isn't plugged in right.

I had the same problem. Reinstalled A2, reinstalleOA, make sure it installs with A2, then ran the CO patch, solved all my missing object and texture issues.