Sign in to follow this  
r4m0n

beta patch installation without mod folder possible?

hi guys,

i just wanna know whether it is possible to install the beta patches DIRECTLY into the server folder. unfortunately my provider does not support any paramter for the server.exe. so i like to install the beta patch like a normal patch...

1. is that possible? will i brake my installation with paste and copy?

2. what about official upcoming patches? will they just install themselves into the installation directory as before? (and overwrite my beta installation? or do i have to make a fresh install?)

thanks and regards

r.

This is what I do (although it is a little dodgy, as it could require me to do a FULL reinstall if things go wrong)

I take the beta patch and uncompress it, using 7zip. I then find the directory with all the executables and drag that whole directory onto my dedi server box (in the arma2 directory).

Yes it does overwrite the old files - but I don't mind.

So for the hard of thinking .....

Caution - don't attempt this unless you know that it could lead to a full reinstall

In saying that, however, the patches are of such good quality that I have never had a problem on my dedi box (and it makes life simpler when using a launcher such as TADST!)

Hi Kremator,

thanks for the hint! Works like a charm ;O). Server is running with latest beta now. No crash for 2 days :O)

regards r.

just a quick thought, can't one just backup the old files that are overwritten? then if one wants to rollback, can just overwrite the new files with the backup? then no need to do full reinstall